Sign in to follow this  
lazygecko

Using graphic overlays with C&C3

I've been trying to play Tiberium Wars using a third party graphics enhancement tool such as ENBSeries, SweetFX or ReShade but I'm having issues getting it to work so I was wondering if anyone here has any experience and can help out.

The traditional method of using these things is to just dump the files (like the d3d9.dll and the preset .ini or .txt) in the root folder where the executable is, but that doesn't seem to work for this game.

The SweetFX website has specific notes for C&C3, along with a custom preset for it which seems to work for the author, which tells you to place the files in the RetailExe/1.9 directory, which I did to seemingly no effect. The only progress I've made is doing the same thing with ReShade (which is the successor to SweetFX), which gives me the text overlay after launching the game telling me it's active, but none of the actual shaders seem to be working.

I am trying this with the Steam version of C&C3 if that makes any difference. But I've installed it outside of the default Program Files directory to mitgate any typical complications with administrator rights and the likes (and of course I've tried running it as administrator).

Is TW installed outside of the default steam directory? If so this might cause issues and you need to create a symbolic link to the install directory.

So "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars" has to point to "MyGameFolder\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars"