Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

CNCNZ.com Celebrates 18 Years Online

l53eEhn.jpg

Today, the 27th of October 2015 sees us reach the 18 year milestone. Yes, CNCNZ.com has been online, in one form or another, for 18 years covering Command & Conquer games and the community. If you like big numbers how about looking at it this way, 6,574 days, 157,776 hours, 9,466,560 minutes, 567,993,600 seconds or 939 weeks. Either way, it all adds up to 18 years and that's the only number that counts. While things have been somewhat slower in the past year or so with no official news from EA about the Command & Conquer franchise, my commitment remains strong to keep CNCNZ.com alive. Work has been done on the backend and behind the scenes aspects of the the whole site to ensure its future is stable is moving forward, plus we have invested in solid paid web-hosting earlier this year. So the plan is to reach the monumental milestone of 20 years, after that? Well that I can't answer. People still do visit our site on a daily basis and for that I'm very grateful. We are proud of the fact that many fans still come to us for the latest happenings in the Command & Conquer community, even if news has dropped off a bit in recent times.

CNCNZ.com, October 1997 to October 2015.... 18 years and still going strong!
  • Upvote 3

Wow you been around for 18 years

Didn't was aware of it

Any chance you have some old screenshots from the other froms of the older sites?

I curious to see how it look like :P

Edited by Egozi44

It is amusing to think that this site is probably older than a large number of C&C fans.

Happy anniversary, CNCNZ.com! Great times were had in all these years, let's hope it'll stay that way.

So the plan is to reach the monumental milestone of 20 years, after that? Well that I can't answer.

I wish that to be a nice and round 50, and after that, we can debate ;)

People still do visit our site on a daily basis and for that I'm very grateful.

I think immense gratitude should go to you, Sonic, and the rest of the active staff for keeping this site online and for believing there's more to C&C and its community than awaiting new games.

It's great to see this website and forum still alive.

But Sonic, couldn't you have waited 2 more years for a 20th anniversary instead? :P

But Sonic, couldn't you have waited 2 more years for a 20th anniversary instead?

There's an anniversary announcement every year, why would he cancel it for two years? There will be another one next year, and the 20th one after that.

Congrats Sonic on lasting this long. I like the 20yr goal - it's a reasonable and meritorious one.

We couldn't have lasted this long, and we'd be unlikely to make it to 20years, without all the various staff members both retired and active. Thanks!

A special mention for Nmenth - who is our most active moderator atm - and who still takes his job very seriously - you don't want to mess with a nuclear dragon!

Any chance you have some old screenshots from the other froms of the older sites?

I don't normally reply in news topics but I'll make an exception this one and only time. You can find out how the site used to look by checking out the History page found here http://www.cncnz.com/site-info/history/, its somewhat out of date though. There are also more screenshots of the past designs here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150873061922671.409637.87374627670&type=1&l=06089ec8e6.

I don't normally reply in news topics but I'll make an exception this one and only time. You can find out how the site used to look by checking out the History page found here http://www.cncnz.com/site-info/history/, its somewhat out of date though. There are also more screenshots of the past designs here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150873061922671.409637.87374627670&type=1&l=06089ec8e6.

Thanks sonic :D

Well, I suppose it has been an easier job the past few years, given the lack of games. So much for the second decade of C&C... lets see what the third holds. RA3 is 7 years old today as well.

Keep up the good work guys, not many C&C sites left these days.

well done sonic i might not be posting much now but you are on my vist list every day. well, done mate keep it up.

Edited by comander starlin

Wow, 18 years that is quiet the acomplishment.

Nice going Sonic. :D

Congrats Sonic on your 18th anniversary! I pop in every now and then to check on the community. Glad to see ya still around bud.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stevie_K

Congratulations. Big achievement.