Madin

Gates and Foundation module questions

FoundationAIUpdate

<xs:complexType name="FoundationAIUpdateModuleData">
		<xs:complexContent>
			<xs:extension base="UpdateModuleData">
        <xs:sequence></xs:sequence>
				<xs:attribute name="RepairHealthPercentPerSecond" type="SageReal" default="0" />
				<xs:attribute name="BuildVariation" type="SageInt" default="0" />
			</xs:extension>
		</xs:complexContent>
	</xs:complexType>

Is the 'BuildVariation' simply something that could be done by giving a 'USER_X' model condition? (BFME notes stated that "BuildVariation = 2 ;; Will give BUILD_VARIATION_TWO to anything built on it").

FXListBehaviorModule

Inside the 'FXListBehaviorEvent' element there are 'MinThreshold' and 'MaxThreshold' attributes. Does anyone know what they do?

GateOpenAndCloseBehavior

Has anyone tested to see if this works in C&C3? this is another module that could be useful in the future.

Thanks for any help!

I never got the current gate modules to work...hence why jvnck and i worked on our own automated gate system on the old ea forums.

The gate system is a left over from bfme wich uses it in conjunction with another module (cnat remember the name atm..will have to look it up.)

• Upvote 1

I never got the current gate modules to work...hence why jvnck and i worked on our own automated gate system on the old ea forums.

The gate system is a left over from bfme wich uses it in conjunction with another module (cnat remember the name atm..will have to look it up.)

Thanks for the information!

i have given some thought on this and im looking into maybe seeing if i can get this to work trying to manipulate how the gate functions. heres some clues to how i was thinking about going about doing this

1) put a weapon on the gate that triggers the opening and closing of said gate

2)have two states of said gate, one value True one False. aka, 2 gates

3)gate one (false) has no affect in path finding allowing players units to move about freely, harvester finds path through gate as if gate is not there, (visual)

4)gate two (true) is a actual gate that locks up when enemy units approach, this obstructs the natural path finding and would have to be controlled manually

this is as far as i have gotten with the overall thought but i have not really attempted it quite yet.

i have given some thought on this and im looking into maybe seeing if i can get this to work trying to manipulate how the gate functions. heres some clues to how i was thinking about going about doing this

1) put a weapon on the gate that triggers the opening and closing of said gate

2)have two states of said gate, one value True one False. aka, 2 gates

3)gate one (false) has no affect in path finding allowing players units to move about freely, harvester finds path through gate as if gate is not there, (visual)

4)gate two (true) is a actual gate that locks up when enemy units approach, this obstructs the natural path finding and would have to be controlled manually

this is as far as i have gotten with the overall thought but i have not really attempted it quite yet.

To slow bro...all ready been done...i would point you towards the old forums if they still existed for the source code....

But proof of life from a few months ago:

if people are interested i could post the coding....but its still early designs and needs tuning....havent had much time to work on it or my mod in general.

Edited by Ravendark
  • Upvote 1

Post it!

Let other people fix and then post it in moddb for everyone so that nobody like me could download it :D

Just kidding, but others may end up fixing it if you will post the code so I would give it a shot

different style of gate... its close to the thought but could use some work... the tower style of turrets are nice... any idea where you can find the mod?

Edited by Fandore

different style of gate... its close to the thought but could use some work... the tower style of turrets are nice... any idea where you can find the mod?

You can't i havent released it.

i might post the coding sometime...it needs work cleaning up and extracted from the rest of my mod files...at the moment its woven with alot of other failed/succesfull atempts and abit convoluted.

As for the gate system...same idea but if jvnck is watching this you might be able to ask him for his gate coding...its based of the same idea as we worked on it together back then, but he refined alot more then i did because he doesnt slack of as much as i do :rolleyes:

I have the files for the wall gates, but they won't work (I wish either Bibber or Lauren were working on them). So far your best bet for working gates is by asking Carnius, the creator of Tiberium Essence and co-modder of Tiberium Secrets, because he made them work in-game.

Edited by zocom7

If someone wants to try and report, we can deal with gates in lua too in a very convenient way:

ExecuteAction("GATE_OPEN",self)
ExecuteAction("GATE_CLOSE",self)
ExecuteAction("GATE_READY",self)
EvaluateCondition("GATE_IS_OPEN",StringSelf)
function GetObj.String(object)     --for StringSelf   
	if type(object) == "string" then return object
	else 
	local _, count = gsub(ObjectDescription(object),"%(","")
		if count>1 then
			return strsub(ObjectDescription(object), strfind(ObjectDescription(object),"(",1,true)+1,strfind(ObjectDescription(object),")",1,true)-1)
		else
			local StrRef = "object" .. random(9999999)
			ExecuteAction("SET_UNIT_REFERENCE", StrRef, object)
			return StrRef
		end
	end
end