Sign in to follow this  
Ravendark

Issues with wrathedlauncher

I have this 'old' KW installation from before i reinstalled my windows. Well after the reinstallation of windows wrathed's mod compiler and launcher didnt work anymore due to the lack of it not finding KW in the registry anymore.

Anyways i tried the 'legit' way of getting KW through origin(not the UC but the normal KW digital retail version, it was like 4euro's about as much as i want to invest in a decade old EA game) months ago but that **** doesnt work at all with mods it seems.

So i've been fiddling arround with adding the install paths etc back into my registry for my 'old' KW installation.

I can compile mods again, they get added to my user/docs/kw/mods/ folder and everything, they just wont show up in the modlauncher window.

Does it need a reg key that points towards the mod folder aswell to detect the mods or ?

I seriously don't want to get a freakin STEAM version aswell at this point. I don't even play KW tbh....i basicly use it to answer questions about mastodonts shooting from toes :o

From a modding perspective i can still browse the bigs and manifest files with wrathed, i don't need the game to work. It would be nice to test some of the stuff i derp on the forums before i post it.

Guess it have nothing to do with me... my Masto don't shoot from legs anymore...

Just kidding xD

I posted most of what I know in the "how to play" section in my mod page in regard to WED issues

http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=970355

It may help,

It sound to me like reg issues but just to be sure

Are you using the last ver of the mod launcher?

Are you open it as administer?

Did you put your mod in /documents/Kane's Wrath/mods/

I may be able to help you with getting the normal unsteam/unorigin ver but at thing point I dk

Steam ver Should work by user reports I got (Yea I have reporters go figure xD ) origin on the other hand is devilish ver that need some work

User name zool-something (don't remeber the name) made tool that fix the regs of origin ver or so he claim at least

The link should be in my "how to play" guide

Edited by Egozi44

It used to work perfectly before i reinstalled my pc. after that WrathEd gave a error that it couldnt find the reg entry for KW when i tried to compile, wich is kindof logical as those would've been deleted by the reinstall.

Fixed that, now only the modlauncher shows a empty mod list, so i can't really launch any mods.

Been so long, that i can't remember if WrathEd(WE 1.07beta. wich apearantly is hard to find on the net also, alot of gamma's and 1.08 wich are to buggy to my liking) had a installer that created a registry entry or such. It has been on my pc just as long as that gumybear video...can't remember why or when i got it nor why it is still there :o

And i really don't want to **** arround to much with origin or steam, KW isnt worth the effort for what i make use of it.

Edited by Ravendark

Been so long, that i can't remember if WrathEd(WE 1.07beta. wich apearantly is hard to find on the net also, alot of gamma's and 1.08 wich are to buggy to my liking) had a installer that created a registry entry or such.

As far as I know there isn't any installer for them

And that what happened when you posting too many random versions around the net yet not bother to keep the stable ones available (I'm look at you Asuka and Biber D= )

1.08 gamma links are available but gamma not really work well and don't support sounds unlike it predecessor 1.08 (which extracted short xmls but way more better than gamma)

1.07 beta and gamma are fine but don't support sound either, and there's random definitions fixs for them to open RA3 and TW files but none of them made them open everything at least from the files I have

I have many ver of WED

here links for the most stable ones

https://mega.nz/#!JswxhTDQ!Cf-XvyiaSBudI826U7A3PGdzUKaSg9-Dvo88vvxs6-8

https://mega.nz/#!pkJg3ALT!GxdU0ykDmC6mgtNiFeZdJiZVl4Ugkkf7z3K4oahSsow

https://mega.nz/#!txpjkKrK!gWxr1zNGJH5p0x4FDENeC0YbR4jFDswL4oVULi4Tno0

I don't sure which reg took over which but if you didn't had normal version of KW installed first on your new OS and installed Origin which have different regs I won't be surprise it the end result, did you readded all of KW regs manually?

DK if it here but may worth the try

https://www.regfiles.net/registry/command-conquer-3-kanes-wrath-registry

Also

It has been on my pc just as long as that gumybear video...can't remember why or when i got it nor why it is still there :o

gumybear?

Gumybear ^^

Edited by Egozi44

And that what happened when you posting too many random versions around the net yet not bother to keep the stable ones available (I'm look at you Asuka and Biber D= )

I guess it's not their fault if people re-upload every random version ever available of wrathed. Also megumi is working on WEd2 so why should they care about a stable version of wed1.7 or 1.8? Atm nearly everything is possible with the available versions, i did not encounter any really disturbing errors or bugs so far. Lets just be thankful that KW modding is even possible. Peace, i'm out.

Edited by Prodigy

I personaly never got the 1.07gamma or the 1.08 to work, never compiled correctly it seems.

I agree with prodigy, too many pie vendors yet not enough people who understand the recipe, im content with the 1.07beta that i had all along, its a shame i can't get the launcher to work atm.

@egozi pretty much added that crap to the registry allready.

@egozi No damnit, crazy frog autotune nonsense. Learn your classics!

• Upvote 1

I guess it's not their fault if people re-upload everyone random version ever available of wrathed. Also megumi is working on WEd2 so why should they care about a stable version of wed1.7 or 1.8? Atm nearly everything is possible with the available versions, i did not encounter any really disturbing errors or bugs so far. Lets just be thankful that KW modding is even possible. Peace, i'm out.

Well from what I recall Megumi did posted many stuff on the old C&C forum, I never said I'm not thankful for their work though

Just hope they will keep the old vers and their release in order Since as Modder I do care, If I won't hold the vers I uses tight, I may never find them again in the net, the Moddb page could save us some issues looking for stuff if they were to upload their versions >.>

I personaly never got the 1.07gamma or the 1.08 to work, never compiled correctly it seems

Where you put your mod files? it strange ... if you had good KW ver in Eng language you shouldn't had too much issues, WED have a few different stuff than TW SDK, Don't sure why the mod launcher don't detect your mod, did you tried to delete the WED folder in documents and re-launch it?

My guess it that something wrong with the regs as you said but I don't sure what exactly.... People told me they had similar issue and it usually was the regs/ the language reg/ them not using up to date ver of the mod launcher or don't run it as admin

It also possible that the launcher look for KW in it original location

Origin don't install it where we want, did you tried put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\ and set all the regs to this path?

@egozi No damnit, crazy frog autotune nonsense. Learn your classics!

Umm classic

Edited by Egozi44

WrathEd shouldn't even need any KW installation to be present for compiling or viewing. Maybe that's Bibber's weird batch file which gave you errors.

The launcher idk, Bibber wrote that because he didn't like the one I made, personally I have my own or just edit the skudef myself. Bibber usually published versions because he felt like a batch file was needed etc (I compile manually setting the parameters myself)

WrathEd shouldn't even need any KW installation to be present for compiling or viewing. Maybe that's Bibber's weird batch file which gave you errors.

The launcher idk, Bibber wrote that because he didn't like the one I made, personally I have my own or just edit the skudef myself. Bibber usually published versions because he felt like a batch file was needed etc (I compile manually setting the parameters myself)

It used to work before my reinstall.

I can compile and everything, Just for some reason the mods wont show up in the launcher, it shows only one option. No mod, and when i try to launch that it even gives an error. The games runs fine itself when launched from its exe. And yes the WE tool works. Everything works except the launcher.

Any chance you can supply me with your version of wrathed+launcher or tell me how to manually launch a KW mod? The TW method of a commandline shortcut doesnt seem to work.

Edited by Ravendark

Fixed it.

Weirdly enough i had to move the launcher into install folder of KW (originaly it worked from its original folder tho, havent moved those files in years)

And i had a spelling error in my regedit file : Kane's versus Kanes :o

Dam I forgot about this part

Mine is always in kw main folder

Someone punch me

Anyway now grab my mod and tell me how you hate x and y about it :D

Edited by Egozi44