I think this has yet to be discussed.

When almost everyone thinks that C&C is in the books and is dead, some may believe EA might bring back C&C in the future. After the huge downloads of Red Alert 2 on Origin's On The House, IDK if EA will consider bringing back C&C.

So far only a few movie and/or game series got a reboot but most of them weren't that great. Chances are slim if C&C gets this reboot of a new series.

Well we might see a new C&C game this year(I'm hoping) it could be generals 2 which I think they should bring back fix what was wrong with the alpha version and finish it. Or EA could make an completely new C&C storyline all together.

Anyway I read an article on CNCNZ.com I think it was Sonic. It said that EA may comeback to C&C after 3 years from 2013. But this is just a rumour.

Here's the link:http://www.cncnz.com/features/articles-editorials/the-state-of-the-command-conquer-franchise-where-to-from-here/

One unconfirmed story that crossed my path in November 2013 was after the events surrounding the failure of Command & Conquer 2013 and the closure of Victory Games, a very high corporate source within EA stated that Command & Conquer would be “shelved” for about 3 years while its future is determined. And if and when it does come back there will be no community management person..........So if this is true we are probably not going to see or hear anything until late 2016 or possibly 2017.

Guest Stevie_K

My guess:

With the trust of the community towards EA taking it seriously likely still being at rock bottom, and RTS games in general becoming increasingly unpopular compared to the all consuming MOBAs, I don't see much of a chance for The Real Time Strategy Incarnate that is Command & Conquer to resurface soon.

(but)

The brand Command & Conquer is definitely worth a lot of money, so I doubt it will sit on any shelve for too long before someone gets a bright idea.

I think it is highly unlikely that they sell the intellectual property though. The reason being that EA knows how much it is worth, but there is little to no motivation for anyone to throw that much money at purchasing an RTS brand at the moment.
Even if someone shows interest, I have a hard time seeing why they wouldn't just create an original IP and be rid of all the skeletons (fan hype, high expectations and shattered community). But that is just me being pessimistic! ^_^

I don't really care about it. If there is something new this year, cool I guess? If not, move on.

The brand Command & Conquer is definitely worth a lot of money, so I doubt it will sit on any shelve for too long before someone gets a bright idea.

I think EA are missing out on an opportunity instead of making the next C&C f2p make it a paid game. There are probably many C&C fans who would buy a new C&C game. It's a win win (if the game we get is good).

Well, the things the issue is that C&C is a very big beast with a lot of potential, and EA would love to cash in on it, the issue is, most of the original developers who worked on the games are no longer at EA, either through better opportunities elsewhere or due to EA's own dysfunctional corporate culture.

Meaning, they don't really have too many qualified people to work on the game in the 1st place

EA sees little reason for investing in a big risk, like C&C, than just making some copy of what has come before. They are not the bold and adventurous types to try new things, and make progress for progress sake, . They claim progress when it comes to making economical decisions that are based off of predictive forecasting.

I was at PAX South last month, and I met with one of the PR guys at EA, he had said they;re looking for people driven by passion, and that they were looking for new PR people at the time. I told him about the project I've been doing since Summer 2011, and displayed my clear interest and passion, and you know what he told me?

He told me ya, C&C is why I'm not getting into EA, and as far as he knows all the C&C stuff is under the purview of a branch in Germany.M

Maybe try to apply at Blizzard.

I was like huh?

Really?

And a few years ago, while I was at my schools career fair, Blizzard was there, and I told them about my experience, and she said great passion, great attitude, great experience, but it's not for our community. So....

WTF...

Makes some sense, but it's almost as if no one knows what to do with C&C anymore, so no one will touch it.

Well see,

maybe those Germans will unshelve C&C....

He told me ya, C&C is why I'm not getting into EA, and as far as he knows all the C&C stuff is under the purview of a branch in Germany.

Let's just hope he didn't mean EA's German branch that merely supported XWIS.

I have more faith in the modding community to produce something worth playing in regards to c&c then i have faith in big(ish) publishers atm.

I have more faith in the modding community to produce something worth playing in regards to c&c then i have faith in big(ish) publishers atm.

+1 :thumbsup:

Makes some sense, but it's almost as if no one knows what to do with C&C anymore, so no one will touch it.

Well see,

Seem like everyone is afraid from the great power c&c possess B)

Companies sure love to mess with us and don't want to admit their mistakes unless it profitable

At this day and age where every 3rd rate politician or company does that I don't understand how they still failed at seeing how much it "help" them and how no one try to go with the opposite and more honest method... many players would appreciate company that tell them in their face "sorry we made mistake and will try our best to satisfy you in our next project, please keep support us"

Rather than listing to annoying excuse that are obviously there to hide the truth and try to sell us that "everything is alright" for their brand pride

Guess that when you too big. .. you need to go by the rules that bigger people wrote for you without questioning them

Edited by Egozi44

Well if they're gonna make another C&C game they should listen to the community and see what they themselves want and try to integrate the community's ideas(the good ones) it could possibly be a win win.

The community isn't unanimous on what a C&C game needs to be. Besides, they claimed to be working as per "community feedback" the last time and they didn't even have crushing.

A proper team already knows what needs to be done. Victory Games was very oblivious on the matter.

I recall that when EA announced that Victory Games will be the new team I got worried, their history didn't showed they know what C&C game is, the game they made so far were relate to magic and fantasy iirc

WTF...

Well see,

Uh, the people in germany he was talking about is clearly refering to EA Phenomic, the Tiberian Alliances developers (now know as Envision Entertainment after EA fired and later rehired the team).

Also, what did you exspect? Even if someone was working on a CnC, I doubt the PR guys would tell it some random fan they met at PAX.

Edited by Stygs

They should try hire all the German modders from the c&c community (stygs included) and learn from their magic ;P

Well if they're gonna make another C&C game they should listen to the community and see what they themselves want and try to integrate the community's ideas(the good ones) it could possibly be a win win.

Actually listening to the community isn't something they can just have, and claim they turned over a new leaf, and now see the light.

There's a big difference between listening to the community and doing what the vocal community says they want.

The art of Community management/ brand management and caring for your customers' feedback is a long road that can be derailed by simple misunderstanding & miscommunications. .

Not to mention, the official forums are gone, so all the back log of original community feedback back when it counted is no longer available for analysis.

I talked to a former C&C3 QA tester, and from a rumor he heard, the databases that housed the official C&C Forums, was MISTAKENLY removed from their server rooms, when they were cleaning out, and upgrading their systems.

EA would need to restore or make new forums in their place, that would be the 1st public sign EA might be trying for another C&C. (Regardless of if the rumor is true or not)

They also can't just make new forums since that might signify an expectation, which they might not want to perpetuate until they actually are ready to announce action.

Despite the earlier statement of them not intending/ wanting to have a CM for C&C, they will need one, if they pull the trigger, a hell of a good one, one that can be trusted and one that knows the community well.

One that can unite or at least calm the community, and show the company does actually want to make reparations for their past malfeasance with C&C in particular.

It would be a tough position to fill, and it can't be any run of the mill good CM/ PR person.

Even if they found a qualified candidate, PR can only sell what they have. If they don't have a high enough quality game the CM/PR can represent, then it will be doomed to fail.

EA needs to get it's **** together if they want to milk this cash cow, and rest assured, they know it’s a cash cow golden goose hybrid.

That would likely require drastic changes in corporate culture, or at least, have the C&C studio have a good buffer from it.

Mountains of money thrown at this issue will go nowhere, they need the right people, and the right management to allow those people to reach C&Cs potential.

IDK if EA has that or is willing to make the sacrifices necessary to make it happen.

It takes at least one good and powerful person to halt old and entrenched dysfunctionalism, and they need the authority and support to restructure things.

If EA doesn't do a good job in time, we, The Community will do it for them.

All we’re asking is for people to do their job, apparently that’s hard for some...

@ Raven Dark

Here here

@Stygs,

Well of course, any decent PR person who wants to keep his job knows how to deflect questions that might lead to an information leak, which could potentially lead to losing their job. Even if he was a huge C&C fan and if he was secretly running PR for the a hypothetical C&C, he can't let that on. (if that was true, which I doubt.)

Actually, now that I think of it, telling me to apply to Blizzard might have been the perfect redirection.

I get the feeling there's a tinge of disrespect from your tone, IDK, you said random fan, not fellow moder, you think if you were their, you'd be able to get more information?

"the game attorney" he told me I should ask Castle to ask that Cris (the guy, head of EA PR), what's up. But meh... It's not worth the social capitol, likelly lead nowhere anywyas.(if I was in his position, I'd deflect as well)

@Egozi44,

That wold be nationalistic favoritism.

If they are indeed working on a C&C and if they were to have the sense to hire any C&C moders, then they should evaluate what the moders have accomplished and if/ how that fits into their plans.

I seriously doubt they will handle it like the case of Xcom 2 & Long war, that was dream come true for them, and I was there at their panel, it was quite something to witness.

It made me feel so happy for them, yet so sad that EA would likely never be that good to their community.

Edited by GeneralJist

I get the feeling there's a tinge of disrespect from your tone, IDK, you said random fan, not fellow moder, you think if you were their, you'd be able to get more information?

Wasnt meant as disrespect, I just doubt EA PR guys care about modders (aside from lip service to get them to buy their games).

If EA doesn't do a good job in time, we, The Community will do it for them.

How exactly we The Community do it for them? And EA really do need to figure out what they're gonna do with C&C soon I can't wait any longer damn it!

How exactly we The Community do it for them? And EA really do need to figure out what they're gonna do with C&C soon I can't wait any longer damn it!

They'll probably do a mobile C&C.

How exactly we The Community do it for them?

The C&C community has always been more dedicated than EA with mods, patches, multiplayer support, and more. The only things we lack is the budget for high quality FMVs and the authority to write canon material.

As far as cutscenes go... C&C Labs had HD videos in C&C 3: The Forgotten :P

Yes, their efforts were very commendable and may have been "high definition", but they were not "high quality" (no offense to them, they simply did not have EA's budget).

Well, aside the disappointing content of the videos, they did raise the bar in technicalities. So, when the community really wants to do something, they can ;)

The C&C community has always been more dedicated than EA with mods, patches, multiplayer support, and more. The only things we lack is the budget for high quality FMVs and the authority to write canon material.

After all EA has done to C&C, do we really need their "authority" to write our own lore, and sell it to the community?

TT already was an "official" cannon story line, and most of us didn't accept it well either.

And sure, FMVs are nice, and a hallmark of C&C, and yes, they are expensive and time consuming.

We have the former Lead coder of the Forgotten mod on our team, and I asked him if they had any regrets about their project, and he said they underestimated how much work the FMVs would be.

@CyberFaction,

You learn to mod and see how well you do, like some of us, check my sig, if you are curious.

@here here

Edited by GeneralJist

After all EA has done to C&C, do we really need their "authority" to write our own lore, and sell it to the community?

You can write your own lore all you want, but it is not canon. As far as "selling" it, that goes way farther than what I was talking about, into the realm of copyright. Either way, the answer is yes, you do need their authority.