8 minutes ago, GeneralJist said:

While I understand your point,  we are a 3D product, which changes everything.

No, it doesn't. It changes literally nothing. A mod is a mod.

9 minutes ago, GeneralJist said:

We present, structure,  and operate professionally because we are using this for our portfolios

Some active and productive portfolio, of which nobody ever saw the result of...

15 minutes ago, GeneralJist said:

I respect the accomplishments of the other continuing C&C projects, I really do, but we are doing something none of them are actually doing,  expanding the universe into the future.

Don't delude yourself, you are doing the exact same thing as they are, just in a, shall we say... different... way.

10 minutes ago, GeneralJist said:

As for the issues around EA, no, we are not asking for their approval, quite the opposite, we want them to come to us.

12 minutes ago, GeneralJist said:

Why, to start a studio of course,  to register as a partnership LLC, and make  bigger and better things.

You mean, you want to get the same treatment as Forgotten Empires LLC did from Microsoft? Well, the key difference between you and them is that they made a highly popular and quality-made product (the Forgotten Empires mod which got over 1 million downloads since it was released) without pretending to be professional. Only then did Microsoft and SkyBox call them to maintain Age of Empires II HD and Age of Mythology Extended.

Sigh,

Your ignorance is palpable.

I'll have yall take this up with my new PR Manager.

I'm done with this conversation.

If you don't want to be on our side, the side we are all on, then I'll revoke the invitation to all community staff on this website.

Change your attitude, and settle down.

Yall have 2 - 4 months to figure if you want to be part of the movement to make Command & Conquer great again.

I don't have time for people who fail to look at the proof, which is all there to be seen.

If you have critique about  my procedures, and us being open to the community,  PM me with a proposal/ well reasoned suggestion.

I'm was just trying to inform yall as to what is going on, and my state of mind. 

Yall know where to find me.

Do yall really want CNCNZ to just be a little lesser known?

Edited by GeneralJist
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

The last thing I will say on this matter:

You seem entirely unable to speak in concrete language, everything you say is vague and filled with artificial hype. The last time I saw a rhetoric similar to yours, I was watching videos on toxic Steam Greenlight abusers.

• Upvote 1

Guest Rabbit
21 minutes ago, GeneralJist said:

Yall have 2 - 4 months to figure if you want to be part of the movement to make Command & Conquer great again.

If your mod, in 2-4 months, makes Command & Conquer great again, I will literally eat my shoe.  I will cut my shoe up into little pieces, and I will eat it.

And we're not talking "Trump" great, you have to honestly make the community say "wow, this mod, holy ****, this mod is going to bring EVERYBODY back," and it has to actually bring hordes of people back to C&C.  Because that's basically what you're implying when you talk about this mod and your direction.

Edited by Rabbit

And I thought the Tiberian Eclipse era was hilarious. This is gold. 

• Upvote 2

Gawd this is fun. First I am accused of talking behind someones back on a PUBLIC forum where I just complained that stuff hasn't been improved which was complained about years ago. Then jist throws a hissy fit while talking about some PR guy after saying he's administering the PR. That all the while having spelling errors all over the place (the one you both should look out for is your/you're) while saying they want to be professional. Comedy gold, good sir, comedy gold.

Also:

Edited by Lauren

GeneralJist, I think you have overestimated yourself. It's an odd thing that Intense (from ModDB/IndieDB) supported you guys and not EA, but however where's the motive and the direction that your mod is going? I haven't seen anything major yet coming from your mod and it's basically just ideas, talk and nonsense. Release something that you guys really did as part of the effort.

If C&C was still pretty much alive and Aaron "Apoc" Kaufman was still community manager, he might have accepted your Tiberium Secrets mod as a honorable mention in APOC's mod corner. When it comes to a C&C reboot, a Tiberium Secrets mod with new and unique ideas/direction is not the answer people are looking for. Like what Plokite had said and I reiterate, a mod is just a mod, not a new game.

Guest Rabbit

So uhh, on a side note, while my opinion still stands as it is, due to possible misunderstandings within some posts here and via pms, please do not take my opinions as those of CNCNZ.  I haven't been staff here for a few years now, so don't take anything I say as something that should paint CNCNZ in a bad light.  If you're going to restrict access to your alpha, please don't take it out on the site for the comments / opinions I've made.

Also, GeneralJist kindly offered me to eat a shoe cake instead of a shoe, so I'll amend my statement to eating a shoe cake if the mod is fairly successful (IE, talked about positively on multiple sites upon release).

Good luck, Tiberium Secrets team.  I'm still not expecting much, but if you're as committed as you say you are, I look forward to you all proving me wrong.

Well finally GeneralJist and his team released a very first alpha gameplay video of the mod (not game) itself:

Nothing significantly new there. The new GDI announcer sounds decent. The new structures and units are merely okay. But the one thing I am puzzled about, what was the new track used in the main menu?

Lets discuss this:

http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/20590-tberium-secrets-deciversery-tiberium-wars-gdc-recap-and-asi-internal-alpha/

Please re-post your questions/ concerns there, so we can fully discuss them.

But encase you somehow missed the obvious, that is a new faction, not GDI. (we did not replace any of the original factions)

Also, as illustrated in the still picture, ASI units cost power.  Which is a significant mechanics change.

There are also a few Nod surprises from the Tiberium Eclipse mod. 

Thank you for posting our video, ahead of me, it saves me some time.

C&C still needs to go back to the RA2 days of fast/furious gameplay like we have in SC

On 4/8/2017 at 11:16 AM, apcFTW said:

C&C still needs to go back to the RA2 days of fast/furious gameplay like we have in SC

I... want to agree with this, if it were to ever happen. While I wasn't the biggest fan of how ridiculous the theme of Red Alert went or how silly the writing was, I really did enjoy the game-play. Some of my best online Command and Conquer memories, not including Renegade and its mods, are from playing Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge online. I still play it to this day, but only the skirmish mode. :)

Regarding "rebooting" the series, I wouldn't mind this as long as they don't use the Tiberium or Red Alert universes. Electronic Arts already killed them for me, I don't want to be revived and killed again. I suppose they should either create a new universe or continue the Generals one, and they better use a game engine that the community can use to create awesome mods. Sadly Frostbite is very "anti-mod" but EA has been using this for most games they develop and/or publish these days.

To be honest i would say EA would sit on the Reboot untill it was at its 90% completeion, as the issues with developing with Fostbite that some teams in EA are having, is quite big, and also the approch of having to be a AAA title, just doesnt work for RTS games. i just dont think it will happen for at least another 5 years.

47 minutes ago, comander starlin said:

and also the approch of having to be a AAA title, just doesnt work for RTS games.

Beg pardon?

C&C is no longer a AAA title and never will be again, even for a reboot. Also the Frostbite engine isn't the right engine for RTS gaming right now since it didn't work out well for C&C Generals 2.

Edited by PurpleGaga27