Sonic

Let the Speculation Begin - New Command & Conquer in Early Development?

97KccUg.png

We're not jumping to conclusions here, but perhaps this is a clue that a new Command & Conquer game or project in the early stages of development within EA. A recent job listing post has added some fuel to the fire of speculation. EA Mobile is currently looking innovate on one of their most beloved IPs, and in the process they are looking for an exceptionally skilled and enthusiastic Combat Designer. And a little insider news tip, this new position will be working directly with Jim Vessella, who was part of the previous Command & Conquer development team back in the EALA days.

EA Mobile is seeking an exceptionally skilled and enthusiastic Combat Designer. In this role you must own the creation and gameplay balance of all content and systems pertaining to combat. The ideal candidate has a proven track record designing and balancing various combat units, special attacks, powers, and combat structures. You have a thorough knowledge of game design theory and tools pipelines, telemetry and data analysis and interpretation. You possess strong leadership skills and production sensibilities. You have the talent to produce and implement the highest quality work. You want to take risks, to invent, and are driven to make the best games in the industry.

So its all just speculation and guess work right now, but you never know. You can read the full job listing post right here. Thanks to Cypher for the news.

To be blunt, if it's EA Mobile, I couldn't care less what they might have in the works. In my mind, C&C has never existed on mobile devices and never will.

They better hurry up I am 30 and I can't wait forever for a new CNC. Oh and I don't play games on my device that's for work, nothing to see here.

Guest Rabbit

I don't think any of this points towards a new C&C game. If we're going to base this on Jim Vessella, keep in mind, he also worked on Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2, and Star Wars is big with EA right now.

At Electronic Arts we put our players first...

Hehehe.

I don't care what EA's gonna do, but since mobile games are on the rise, I doubt C&C will make the list. Tiberium Alliances should have had a mobile version rather than a browser version.

In my mind, C&C has never existed on mobile devices and never will.

Only the mobile version of C&C Red Alert on the iOS there was.

Only the mobile version of C&C Red Alert on the iOS there was.

Plus the mobile version of TibWars, Nokia OVI version of RA Mobile, and iOS version of TibTwilight...

Actually, as a mobile port, RA Mobile wasn't bad. Probably because it was a complete game unlike Dungeon Keeper Mobile.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf

Experience designing content and systems for F2P games.

"Would you like to spend 42 pink Tiberium crystals to finish construction instantly?"

At Electronic Arts we put our players first...

+1 :thumbsup: lol

"Would you like to spend 42 pink Tiberium crystals to finish construction instantly?"

+2 rolf

Back when I worked at EA there were a number of us who desperately wanted a new standalone C&C game. We'd play the old games at lunch. Talk multiplayer strategies over coffee. Poke around the company knowledge bases looking for hints of a new game in development. Sadly none of us were the people who make those kind of decisions and eventually I decided to put my money where my mouth is and I left to make my own Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 style RTS: The Imperial Realm::Miranda. It has taken 6 years but the new game I wanted is almost finished. I'm really looking forward to being able to play it over lunch.

Holy. .. you worked at EA :o

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: +5

I always check this site to see what news and mods are about but this has indeed given me mixed feelings hearing such news, I guess I won't believe it until I see it. I'll be honest but, you did get me excited!

EA puts their players first ? - good one rofl.

Actually, it isn't that surprising, EA is the biggest game development employer here in Vancouver so nearly everyone who works in games has worked there at one time or another :)

Well from my country it just look like faraway dream, in fact just talking with someone who worked in any major gaming company is like talking with rare unicorn that appear in a dungeon once a year, people in this area may see you as highly being xD

EA puts their players first ? - good one rofl.

Unfortunately even if they will put the players first it most likely won't be because they nice people who care about us (like many companies) , they will just do it because they after our money...

It already lost my interest when there is the possibility of EA Mobile being involved. Expect it to be F2P garbage if it is in their hands.

It's probably nothing too special. Keeping my hopes down low.

• Upvote 1

From what I'm hoping, Battlefront is still extremely new to the gaming world. I highly doubt that EA would already be working an yet another Star Wars game... but then again, this is EA we're talking about. It's still very new and very broad information.

Split off-topic discussion to here.

I've decided to set some additional fire about this subject HERE. All credits given.

Edited by Banshee

Speculation is all this is. There is nothing solid anywhere about anything C&C anywhere in that listing. I doubt we'll see a new C&C from this, and doubt further still that we'll even get another title in the franchise until EA sells the rights off or they get a wild hare up their asses and put one out.

• Upvote 1

i lost interest after seen the word "mobile" :(

lets go back playing some Grey Goo RTS games :rolleyes:

Edited by Johnnyxp64

i lost interest after seen the word "mobile" :(

lets go back playing some Grey Goo RTS games :rolleyes:

Grey Goo is not that great. Let's play some older RTS games.