Sign in to follow this  
HOPE1134

Petroglyph's 8-Bit Armies / 8-Bit Hordes/ 8-Bit Invaders

But but but they made it moar tower defensy! :rolleyes: I guess the other armies will be released as dlc here too.

Also ingame tutorials are features now?

Edit: Damn I haven't seen/used one of those (awesome) emotes in quite a while.

Edited by Lauren

2:00

*slams head at desk repeatedly*

So.... Petroglyph is doing what EA couldn't do to any typical game. Make the game go retail, then do a VR and now do a Nintendo Switch game. Well what about an Xbox One, a PS4 version and an Android verison of 8-bit Armies, hmmm? Yeah, it would be great if a 8-bit Armies/Hordes/Invaders were all-in-one in Nintendo Switch and/or some other console..... all just to milk more money. Desperate times, eh? Maybe Petroglyph should have done a VR and a console version for Grey Goo instead. :rolleyes:

• Downvote 1

You should take a couple of things into consideration when buying RTS games for consoles, specially when these RTS games exists on PC.

1) Is the existing hardware ideal to play this kind of game. The XBox version of Tiberium Wars was pretty much playable, but, let's be honest... keyboard and mouse are still much better for this kind of game than an XBox controller. So, I prefer the PC version. Nintendo Switch's joycons might be better than XBO/PS4 controllers, since they can work like a Wii remote (without the need of a sensor bar), pretty much emulating a mouse. I don't know if it is as precise as a mouse, since I've never played Nintendo Switch in my life. The most missed stuff would be the keyboard's flexibility to handle groups of units. But that doesn't compromise the gameplay. While I agree that a mobile version of the game is an interesting idea and that Nintendo Switch is by far the best platform for it (much better than other Tablets and mobile phones of any kind), I have yet to see the game running to take any conclusions.

2) Console games are usually more expensive than PC games. Believe me, 8-Bit Armies on Switch will be much more expensive than what you pay for it on Steam. Also, Steam has several sale opportunities where you can buy the game with a good discount. Nintendo is a bit more limited with this kind of thing.

But I wouldn't slam my head on the desk repeatedly either. It could be a good opportunity to increase the visibility of Petroglyph to other potential clients.

Edited by Banshee

1 hour ago, Banshee said:

But I wouldn't slam my head on the desk repeatedly either. It could be a good opportunity to increase the visibility of Petroglyph to other potential clients.

I think laughter from "potential clients" is the last thing they need at this point :D

Not that bad? What? I rarely felt I've wasted money as I did with this game.

Pretty much now half of us here don't like the game or don't like the direction Petroglyph is going.

Edited by PurpleGaga27