Sign in to follow this  
Burner

Laser Paladin?

I saw Object Lazr_AmericaTankPaladin in the ini files? Does that mean we can add Laser Paladin to the game? Will it be functional? Also, how to add it?

If it's Lazr_something, and not somethingLazrPaladin, it's more or less the standard Paladin, just made for the Laser general. The unit was scrapped, along with the Crusader, in favour of the Laser Tank (Lazr_AmericaTankCrusader) based on the Crusader Tank. But yeah, you can enable the Paladin for the Laser general, with a little fiddling with the War Factory and command set coding.

Thanks. By the way, I can't save the .ini file after editing and once I closed the ini editor the file returned to the initial form (even after pressing 'save') and there are no change in the game. I have to keep the ini editor opened and then open the game for the modification to work. Is it normal?

No. Check if the ini is read-only.

The Lazr_AmericaTankPaladin turned out to be really Laser Paladin. Same appearance and description as regular Paladin, fires a laser cannon that has slightly lower damage than Laser Tank's one but have much higher fire rate. Consumes power as Laser Tank does.

Huh. Must have been an early construct that was later scrapped. The ZH team experimented a lot with units, as said in the TFD interviews.

Update: I used the same technique to add two orginally planned but finally scrapped superweapons for superweapons general: Cruise Missile Launcher and ICBM.

ICBM is working fine, have a cooldown of 4 minutes, behaves exactly like the Chinese Missile(even the explosion effects are the same), but does not leave radiation.

Cruise Missile has a cooldown of 2 minutes, has the exactly the same building model as ICBM, and has a funny limitation: The missile can be blocked by terrain, particularly hills. Thus, a lot of areas in a map cannot be attacked by it.

May test with more useable scrapped units/structures and also upload some screenshots.

Edited by Burner

Can the Cruise Missile be shot down by Avengers? I recall Avengers being able to target SCUD missiles, but not being able to bring them down before they hit.

Can the Cruise Missile be shot down by Avengers? I recall Avengers being able to target SCUD missiles, but not being able to bring them down before they hit.

No. Avengers doesn't even target the Cruise Missile.

By the way, can somebody tell me how to introduce upgrades to other fractions? For example, I want the MiG Armor upgrade for USA aircrafts so that they survive better against gattlings and quad cannons. What should I do to make this upgrade affect USA aircrafts ? (I know that I need to make the command buttons as well)

No. Avengers doesn't even target the Cruise Missile.

By the way, can somebody tell me how to introduce upgrades to other fractions? For example, I want the MiG Armor upgrade for USA aircrafts so that they survive better against gattlings and quad cannons. What should I do to make this upgrade affect USA aircrafts ? (I know that I need to make the command buttons as well)

You can. Go to WeaponObject.ini and find the cruise missile then remove UNATTACKABLE and replace with PROJECTILE and SMALL_MISSILE

To set Avenger can using a turret laser on it's back to shoot down the cruise missile. You have to change the KindOf from ProjectileArmor to any Aircraft armor that able to take damage from SMALL_ARMS damage type.

If you don't change the armor type it's more likely the turret back won't shoot the cruise missile or Avenger may use PointDefenseLaser system instead.

This will allow any unit that able to shoot small missile to shoot down the cruise missile.

If you set KindOf to AIRCRAFT anything that can shoot aircraft like MissileDefender, TunnelDefender will be able to shoot the missile too.

Personally I would allowed only big stuff that able to get to Cruise Missile. I would be so weird if Infantry can destroy a big missile