Sign in to follow this  
Egozi44

Shield not rotate with the unit it attach to

So I added many shields for scrin and reaper units, I made some on my own but for the most part used madin's

Now... they all working alright but I noticed just recently that the shield I made for the reaper devorer tank will sometimes won't rotate when the tank does only when the tank fire on enemies, after it stop the tank and shield will move back and be in the same position again

Since it didn't happened to me with any other shield I made I belive it because:

1. The devorer shot in lines while rotate to target (may be relate to the weapon or anything that relate to range, aim, and rotation thingys? )

2. Since unlike most scrin unit the devorer's shield is more liner rather than rounded? Though other units which uses the same kind of shields shape like the gun walker, Currptor (for custom shield case) won't have such issue afaik.

Does any one know how I can force the shield to rotate with the unit it attach to on Any situation?

I posted the xml but the xml is not that special, just devorer tank + all the related shield code lines

Reaper17DevourerTank.xml

Edited by Egozi44

That which you see on a devourer is only the turret, the actual vehicle body has no visible model (to make it appear like it's floating/gliding).

I noticed it have some bones in positions normal tank won't usually have

The question is if it possible to make the shield to be in sync with the model when it attack (only happens with enemies and not that frequent though)

Use the attach to bone in another draw attribute and attach it to the turret

I never faced this problem, I think the easy way is rotate the shield model to the bone which has animation so the mainskin and shield could move and turn around together.

Btw, could you share me your part of 1.03(or 1.04) source code? I want to reform Redeemer,such as BH flamer, Enlightened turret. And I'll share my asset what you like.

If you played my former tw mod you'll find the mother drone which has new shield but could move and rotating with main model skin together.

ztz2019 you're missing the point

ztz2019 you're missing the point

Err..., what do you mean? I don't seize your opinion. Eggy's problem is shield don't move together with model, but it seems no other way.

Use the attach to bone in another draw attribute and attach it to the turret

So I need to add it to the ScriptedModelDraw of shield model?

This will do the trick?

<ScriptedModelDraw

id="ModuleTag_DrawForcefield"

AttachToBoneInAnotherModule="FX_WEAPON_01" (Or AU_DEVOURER rather than ROOTTRANSFORM) <---------------------------

OkToChangeModelColor="true">

<ModelConditionState

ParseCondStateType="PARSE_DEFAULT"/>

<ModelConditionState

ParseCondStateType="PARSE_NORMAL" ConditionsYes="USER_1">

<Model Name="FXShldDevourer"/>

</ModelConditionState>

</ScriptedModelDraw>

Or I need to make new draw beneath it? (Assuming I even in the right direction xD)

I never faced this problem, I think the easy way is rotate the shield model to the bone which has animation so the mainskin and shield could move and turn around together.

Btw, could you share me your part of 1.03(or 1.04) source code? I want to reform Redeemer,such as BH flamer, Enlightened turret. And I'll share my asset what you like.

If you played my former tw mod you'll find the mother drone which has new shield but could move and rotating with main model skin together.

Yea sorry~ I will look in my PMs eventually and will reply your and other people when I will have the time xD

The BH Redeemer also have Charged particle beam when you add confessor to it and MOK also have new tracer and sound for Awaken, do you want them too?

Edited by Egozi44

So I need to add it to the ScriptedModelDraw of shield model?

This will do the trick?

<ScriptedModelDraw

id="ModuleTag_DrawForcefield"

AttachToBoneInAnotherModule="FX_WEAPON_01" (Or AU_DEVOURER rather than ROOTTRANSFORM) <---------------------------

OkToChangeModelColor="true">

<ModelConditionState

ParseCondStateType="PARSE_DEFAULT"/>

<ModelConditionState

ParseCondStateType="PARSE_NORMAL" ConditionsYes="USER_1">

<Model Name="FXShldDevourer"/>

</ModelConditionState>

</ScriptedModelDraw>

Or I need to make new draw beneath it? (Assuming I even in the right direction xD)

Yea sorry~ I will look in my PMs eventually and will reply your and other people when I will have the time xD

The BH Redeemer also have Charged particle beam when you add confessor to it and MOK also have new tracer and sound for Awaken, do you want them too?

Yes, it's my original opinion, if you could share other asset, the more the better. Now I'm working on a KW MOD which have WestWood style but not change all unit, but my PC can't connect the Internet, so I have to go to Net-Cafe to update my asset and idea.

Well I was able to fix it

Thanks

Well I was able to fix it

Thanks

Gratz, and how could I get the code if you share? Do you need other asset?