Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Unofficial C&C4 Patch 1.04 released

Well, most people were complaining about lack of more units on the battlefield. Well fear no more, I actually found a way to increase the number of command points for both SP and MP maps. This is the first release of that modified maps.big. All you have to do is to overwrite that file in your C&C4 Data directory and it should work in-game. This is only the first release. Until I get a better OS Big Editor if Banshee is still developing, the size of that BIG file isn't exactly what C&C4 originally has.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hnfac43h3ifedw4
Download (17 skirmish maps unfinished by EA): https://www.mediafire.com/?xrhm646bhbvzs43

Changes in this release:
1) First 3 tutorial missions have their CP doubled.
2) First 4 GDI missions have their CP to 200. Last 3 GDI missions have their CP to 300. The 2nd player has the CP set to 100.
3) First 4 NOD missions have thier CP to 200. Last 3 NOD missions (including the bonus mission) have their CP set to 300. The 2nd player has the CP set to 100.
4) All official skirmish and MP maps have their CP set to 300 for human players only. I probably would make it more interesting in the future that even AI players will have their CP set to 300 as well.
5) A few official SP/MP maps that were not finished by developers have been finished by myself.

To confirm, there are 18 SP mission maps, 15 official skirmish/MP maps, a small amount of test maps related to already created official SP and MP maps, and 17 skirmish/MP were actually incomplete and also not-ready for skirmish play.

I have also released 17 other skirmish/MP maps (in a separate pack) that were incomplete by developers due to the development rush (because of that EALA shutdown). Those have been edited for playing with given names, but I don't know if I have the time to enhance the maps by adding in more objects and terrains onto them. Also IDK if someone out there did finish those incomplete maps and released them.

The following 17 skirmish maps I found in "maps.big" were partially complete (not easter bugs btw) because then otherwise there would have been 32 official skirmish/MP maps. Please put them in this directory path; C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Command and Conquer 4\Maps:
map_mp_10_arctic_1
map_mp_10_arctic_moe_1
map_mp_10_arctic_ombao_1
map_mp_10_arctic_ombao_2
map_mp_10_arctic_owens_02
map_mp_10_arctic_smith_1
map_mp_10_junktown_owens_01
map_mp_10_junktown_owens_02
map_mp_10_panamerica_1
map_mp_10_panamerica_austin_1
map_mp_10_panamerica_moe_1
map_mp_10_panamerica_moe_2
map_mp_10_panamerica_owens_01
map_mp_10_panamerica_owens_02
map_mp_10_panamerica_owens_04
map_mp_10_polynesia_ombao_1
map_mp_10_polynesia_owens_01

Now why is this called unofficial C&C4 patch 1.04? This modified maps.big is just the beginning of that. Hopefully soon in the future if C&C4 is moddable then additional changes will be issued.

Edited by zocom7

Is this compatible with the coop campaign mode if both players have the patch installed?

I haven't tried the co-op but it should work with the co-op campaign as well.

I don't know how much work it is, but could you make a version of the patch where both players have the same unit cap? E.g. 200 for both instead of 300 and 100? I plan to do an LP of C&C4 eventually because I'm a completionist psychopath, and it would be nice to have an equal amount for both players. :)

Hmmm. Okay I'll do it.... if others agree with it.

Don't worry about it too much. I'm probably not going to start the LP any time soon, so don't put extra work into it just because of that. :)