Sign in to follow this  
someguy11

Anti-air obelisk

I'd like to give the obelisk a short range anti-air laser for aerial enemies that fly too close to it.

The AA laser works fine, but the obelisk won't automatically fire at enemy aircraft.

(AA laser only fires at aircraft that are targeted manually, even if they are in range and there are no ground enemies)

this happens when the PRIMARY(AG) and SECONDARY(AA) weapon has different Range, it's annoying me.

change the AA laser to a different weaponslotid or add interleavefiring and try setting it to prefer_most_damage or so.

Don't use Primary or Secondary, build new WeaponSlotID and set the new AA laser as primary, then add InterleavedStyle="INTERLEAVE_RANDOM"

WeaponChoiceCriteria="PREFER_MOST_DAMAGE" to the new ID weapon.

Alternatively, you can edit the NODObeliskLaser entry under the WeaponTemplate.xml file. You can go to the line that says "AntiMask" and add the option "ANTI_AIRBORNE_VEHICLE".

this happens when the PRIMARY(AG) and SECONDARY(AA) weapon has different Range, it's annoying me.

I've now tried setting the AA laser to the same range and the obelisk still won't fire

--

adding ANTI_AIRBORNE_VEHICLE to NODObeliskLaser AntiMask allows it to automatically shoot at aircraft, but the range is the same - I need the AA laser to have a shorter range.

Edited by someguy11

Don't use Primary or Secondary, build new WeaponSlotID and set the new AA laser as primary, then add InterleavedStyle="INTERLEAVE_RANDOM"

WeaponChoiceCriteria="PREFER_MOST_DAMAGE" to the new ID weapon.

Doesn't work like that.

<WeaponSlotTurret ID="1" AllowInterleavedFiring="false" InterleavedStyle="INTERLEAVE_FIRST_AVAILABLE" WeaponChoiceCriteria="PREFER_MOST_DAMAGE"> </WeaponSlotTurret>

The attributes only effect their own. Not a another one. So they only effect ID=1 and not the ID=2.

Weaponslot ID's work independently of each other.

If you want to have a Primary and secondary(and so on) setup, you need to define your weapons correctly. IF both weapons are considered equal only one will be used. You define which one to use by either limiting their objectfilers to INFANTRY or VEHICLE etc etc, differentiating their dmg output or range. You then combine that with either:

AllowInterleavedFiring="false" >>> Weapons will not fire in turn during the RELOAD or INBETWEENSHOT Status, when true they will but will do so depending on

InterleavedStyle="INTERLEAVE_FIRST_AVAILABLE" >>>> first weapon not on RELOAD and able to target that object will fire

InterleavedStyle="INTERLEAVE_RANDOM" >>> will alternate when only 2 weapons, when more (TERTIARY, QUATERNARY and QUINARY) will choose at random between all weapons.

WeaponChoiceCriteria="PREFER_MOST_DAMAGE" >>>check the schematics for other options, but you can use this to force which weapon to use depending on the dmg it does.

If you use a no interleave firing setup, remember that even if a weapon isn't firing (reloading or in between shots) it is still "locked" on the target until it is out of range and it re-scans for new targets or in till it is destroyed.

So i would try with a interleave=true and a prefer most damage criteria and a interleave first available setup.

Is there something wrong with weapon ordering?

I've experimented with swapping the weapon ordering on the AG & AA lasers -> AG is now TERTIARY_WEAPON, AA is now PRIMARY_WEAPON (anti-infantry is still SECONDARY_WEAPON),
but then, the obelisk shoots at aircraft automatically, but won't fire at ground units automatically