Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

New Metallica Album - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct

For the first time since Death Magnetic in 2008, Metallica will release their latest studio album on the 18th of November called "Hardwired...To Self-Destruct". Check out the first single below....

Album Info

0vOGPb5.jpg

It really does exist! We know it’s been a long time coming, but today we proudly introduce you to Hardwired…To Self-Destruct, the long awaited next Metallica studio album that is the follow-up to Death Magnetic! Two discs, nearly 80 minutes of music is coming your way on November 18, 2016... yes, THIS YEAR!

Hardwired… represents the next phase of our journey as Metallica and we are so excited to share it with you. If anyone was tuned into radio station 93X in Minneapolis earlier today, you heard the world debut of the first track, “Hardwired” and we’re hoping you’ll hear a lot more of it in the coming days. Produced by Greg Fidelman, along with James and Lars, this is our 11th studio album and is available for pre-order in a variety of configurations including 12 songs on a double CD, vinyl, digital download, as well as a deluxe version with the riffs that were the origins of the album. Everyone who pre-orders the album through Metallica.com will receive an instant download of the song “Hardwired.”

Keep watching this space for more information, we cannot wait to hit the road to play these songs live and get in your faces once again, so strap yourselves in… INCOMING!

Tracklist

Disc One

1. Hardwired
  2. Atlas, Rise!
  3. Now That We’re Dead
  4. Moth Into Flame
  5. Am I Savage?
  6. Halo On Fire

Disc Two

1. Confusion
  2. Dream No More
  3. ManUNkind
  4. Here Comes Revenge
  5. Murder One
  6. Spit Out The Bone

Disc Three (Deluxe Edition Only)

1. Lords Of Summer
  2. Riff Charge (Riff Origins)
  3. N.W.O.B.H.M. A.T.M. (Riff Origins)
  4. Tin Shot (Riff Origins)
  5. Plow (Riff Origins)
  6. Sawblade (Riff Origins)
  7. RIP (Riff Origins)
  8. Lima (Riff Origins)
  9. 91 (Riff Origins)
  10. MTO (Riff Origins)
  11. RL72 (Riff Origins)
  12. Frankenstein (Riff Origins)
  13. CHI (Riff Origins)
  14. X Dust (Riff Origins)

https://metallica.com/blog/news/429181/hardwired-to-self-destruct-available-november-18-2

Metallica will release on November 18th? The new Pokémon games come out that day too!

RFAISgn.png

November 18th is a going to be a good day.

Second single released. "Moth Into Flame"....

3rd single from the new album released today, Atlas, Rise!

So I've been listening to this album no stop over the weekend. Its ****ing good. You don't have to buy a copy to list to all of the new songs though, as Metallica has basically given away the whole album on their YouTube channel. They made videos for all 12 new songs....

Metallica is really generous to release all of their latest songs in YouTube so that anyone can hear their full samples.

I prefer having a copy I can listen to when the Internet goes out, but this was a much better album than the last few. Not to say I dislike those albums, but this one had more heft. Still doesn't beat Megadeth's new album but this one is pretty damn good.

For guys who are now in their 50's to produce this hard and thrashy music is great, I'm not saying that because I'm a Metallica die hard fan, its just how I see it. I like every song on the new album because I hear variety, some experimentation, some nostalgic riffs that remind me of past Metallica songs. If I had to pick one favourite it has to be Spit Out the Bone....

I hope they come back to New Zealand sometime on their next big tour, would be so awesome to hear some of these new songs live!