Sign in to follow this  
Tiberium Druggie

Question on custom multiplayer maps

Hello, I am new here but have been playing C&C95 since 1996, LOL. Anyway, I have Command and Conquer TFD with Nyerguds TFD-103-REV 4 patch and C&C95 106c patch both by Nyerguds (I think).

Me and my buddies occasionally get together and play LAN games. So what I am looking for is some custom maps, preferably large, that we can play on to make things more interesting. My buddies and I play on the original 640X400 resolution. So my question is where can i find some large multi maps, how do I install them, and will they play on the configuration settings I just mentioned?

Tiberium Druggie

You can find some custom MP maps here: https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?board=96.0

Most of them should work on any version of C&C from the original DOS version (1995) to C&C95 (1997) to Nyerguds' 1.06c Revision 3 patch (2014). If you are using the original LAN lobby make sure you both have the map installed otherwise it wont work. If you use CnCNet for LAN the map will transfer automatically.

The TFD patch is by nathancnc and contains the work of Nyerguds.

Why does everyone think I made the TFD patch? lol. It just happens to contain an older version of the 1.06 patch :P

Hello, I am new here but have been playing C&C95 since 1996, LOL.

That's odd, given the fact C&C95 was released in 1997 :)

My buddies and I play on the original 640X400 resolution.

Hmm. If you last played C&C in '96, that'd be the DOS version, not C&C95, meaning the "original" resolution you'd be used to is actually 320x200 :P

("C&C95" is not "C&C from '95". It's "Command & Conquer Windows '95 Edition"; the Windows port of the original DOS game ;) )