Sign in to follow this  
jeffnz

Tank Nut Dave: everything armour!

I was using Bing Image Search and I came across a website called Tank Nut Dave. Before anyone asks ... Bing seems to work pretty well. I've been using it for months! If you're interested in military hardware then this website is brilliant. Here's something I learned:

The Armata Universal Combat Platform is a significant change in armoured vehicle development in Russia, who in the past have developed and are operating different Infantry Fighting Vehicles such as the BMP-1, BMP-2 and BMP-3, which have all been based on different chassis.

This has caused problems and more expensive development, having to run several crew training programs, increased cost in repairs and parts as well as having different vehicles with varying capabilities and requirements. The Armata will eliminate all these problems for the Russian Ground Forces.

Although I'm more of a programmer guy, I'm also interested in engineering. Ever since I became a Miata fan I've been interested in the specifics of vehicles: not the exact specs, but rather, what a vehicle can do because of its design. Strengths/weaknesses. Here are links that I recommend reading:

The t-14 Armata Main Battle Tank

The t-15 Infantry Fighting Vehicle (includes anti tank missiles)

The Syrian Arab Army is using t-90 tanks in

right now. That video prompted my tank research this afternoon :)

Remove formatting button: the eraser on the top-left. I found it yay!