sgtmyers88

C&C Tiberian Dawn Redux Patch v1.43 Released!

4 posts in this topic

***STATUS UPDATE FROM THE BATTLEFIELD***
The third official patch to C&C Tiberian Dawn Redux v1.4.
(Patch v1.43) has been released!

DOWNLOAD NOW!

sshot044.jpgsshot048.jpg

This patch includes 8 additional singleplayer missions and several fixes were also made to the existing campaign missions. This brings the grand total of missions to 26. This patch also reworks and fixes several general gameplay bugs as well.

GENERAL GAMEPLAY CHANGELIST:

8 additional campaign missions completed with their respective intro videos
Fixed an AI exploit preventing tank machine guns from damaging aircraft
M110 Artillery (Nod) speed slightly decreased
Assault APC price increased from $500 to $800 (pre-loaded with two Rocket Soldiers now)
Airfields (excluding Nod Airstrip) reduced from $2000 to $1000
Grenadiers made more powerful and more accurate (to encourage use over rocket soldiers)
Both vehicle missile and machine gun upgrades reduced from $1000 to $600
Power Plant HP increased from 800 to 1000
Tiberium Silo Auto Deposit Amount reduced from $200 to $75
Mammoth Tank Armor and speed slightly decreased (including Adv. Mammoth)
Mammoth Tusk Missile Firing Rate slightly decreased
Flame Tank Armor slightly increased
Helicopter and fighter jet locomotors slowed to reduce graphical and gameplay glitches
Tiberium income amounts reduced slightly
Tiberium growth rate significantly reduced (to reduce lag and game crashes from overpopulation)
Weapons can now fire over low profile structures without exploding over them (Helipad, Repair Bay, .etc)
Guard Tower damage and firing rate slightly increased
APC machine gun firing burst rate decreased (does not apply to Assault APC)
Bradley (Light Tank) speed slightly decreased
Grand Canyon Skirmish Map rebalanced and reduced to 3 players to fix AI issues
Dynamite Dunes Skirmish Map rebalanced
Armored Assault Skirmish Map rebalanced
Framerate improvements on the Tiberium Gardens Skirmish Map
Framerate improvements to GDI SPEC OPS Mission #1
Framerate improvements to GDI Mission #8
Fixed an issue preventing players from finishing Nod Mission #4
Engineers can now hijack and not simply disable unarmed vehicles (MCV and Harvester)
Tank and Missile projectile splash damage reduced
Several models have been reworked and retextured

Also note that the campaign cutscenes have also been edited and updated. You can download the complete set which will be needed for future releases HERE.

Thank you so much for the countless hours and efforts you probably put into this mod. This mod needs more recognition.

Hope this doesn't count as a necropost but I wanted to mention that Nod 13 is completed and is being beta tested.

nod13missiontdr.1.png

Discussion with link is here: https://forums.cncnet.org/index.php?topic=5019.msg53187#new

Yes it is a beta file but its the final Nod campaign mission and with the mod being 10 years old, I don't care too much about it being leaked prematurely.
Make sure to grab the data folder when installing to an existing install of TDR.

And here is the final Nod mission in action. A must watch. The gameplay in the video from our beta tester turned out fantastic and GDI truly put up a good final last stand. And yes the final cinematic does play once the mission finishes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Plokite_Wolf
      Over a month ago, the team at GVMERS, who had previously covered the fate of the cancelled FPS Tiberium, created a video on the entire C&C franchise. What you are looking at above is the corrected, definitive version - certain facts about things that happened behind the scenes in Westwood Studios, EA Pacific, EA Los Angeles and Victory Games have been proofread, and each game is now presented in higher detail, in order to better describe what made Command & Conquer what it is, in both its good and bad times. The video is now 10 minutes longer in total, so be sure to check it out!
    • By Sonic
      Back in February, GVMERS posted a video that looked at what happened to the cancelled Tiberium FPS. Today, they have new Command & Conquer video that dives into the entire franchise. The Command & Conquer franchise helped shape the identity of RTS games during the 1990's and would influence the designs of countless similar strategy titles in later years. Even though the franchise ended with a whimper instead of a bang, it managed to create an indelible impact on the history of videogames. Join the team from GVMERS as they take a look at the rise and fall of Command & Conquer.
    • By Sonic
      Right on time this week, its another edition of C&C Music Monday. And this week's pick is from the C&C Generals soundtrack. It's one of the Chinese themes, "Mother of All Weapons". Composed by Bill Brown. Don't forget to share this on social media using the hash tags #CnCMusicMonday and #MusicMonday.
    • By Zuzzlan
      After having polished the intro a bit (and the rest of the map since the last post) I encountered this error when using certain camera angles. There will be a disgusting spread of darkness on half the screen just like in the pictures provided, with the next angle being completely fine not having any of that junk. Anyone know a workaround for this? It really sucks to have it in the middle of my intro cinematic.
      Also off-topic question, there occurs a mismatch shortly after the nuclear missile silo is destroyed. When it is destroyed, the particle cannon becomes active for the US. I'm not sure if the guy playing US used it which caused a mismatch, but if anyone script-nerdy could check those things out then I'd appreciate it. Also you will see a folder under DRONE which is disabled, it seems like it somehow causes mismatches sometimes since after disabling that folder there doesn't appear to be as many mismatches as before. 
      Thanks beforehand.
      glitchy black effect. <-- The only part of the intro where it occurs.

next shot, completely fine.

Map attached below.
      Operation Radioactive Snow.rar
    • By Zuzzlan
      Hello hello, if anyone is still remaining in this dying community.

I've decided to return and change some things with my old 2v2 scripted map, by not only adding a few new things but also implementing AI.

The first difficulty I've encountered is that despite having assigned AIs some prebuilt buildings, the buildings always appear to be given to Neutral instead. This issue does not appear with players, however, for when there are 4 players they all start with their assigned buildings. This is the same for units, they are all neutral as well.

The second difficulty I encountered was when adding a new structure, a TechReinforcementPad that gives the science "Sneak attack" to the owner. However if you capture this structure as USA or China then you will not be able to use this unless you have a GLA command center, is there a workaround for this? There's also the AnthraxFacility the GLA gets to use in their base that should give both GLA players the Anthrax bomb science, but since you always start as China I can't really test if this is working or not.

I'm also open if anyone has any critique to the map in case of balancing issues, textures, scripts etc.

Thanks for the help! Map attached below.

Operation Radioactive Snow dev test3.rar