Sign in to follow this  
chimekolover

Error running Generals and Zero Hour

I just installed The First Decade onto my new gaming desktop with Windows 10 and while half the games work fine with no patching the Generals games wont start at all. I just get an error saying the game cant run possibly due to a virus, overheating or the hardware not up to snuff to handle the games. but my desktop is the highest end model out there or at least one of them and I just got it. running compatibility has the games ask for a CD be put in the drive so I added the NO CD patch but I get the error messages again. not sure what to do to fix this at this point.

Do you have a "Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data" folder in your documents folder and does it contain options.ini?

I had the folder but it did not contain the options.ini file at all until I put it in following he directions of the link you gave me.

Running the game as administrator and in compatibility mode for WinXP SP3 should help.

The no-CD contained in the TFD 1.03 patch should work. If you're using that, I can't think of anything other than you may have missed a step in one of the procedures before.