Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Splinter Cell loading issue

After I downloaded the free version of Splinter Cell from Ubi's 30th anniversary which comes with the latest version, the game can be run with or without Uplay. However, there's a technical issue I am seeing. Every time I load a level, the player goes up the map by itself and then it crashed with a protection fault.

Is it just me, or anyone is getting a general protection fault? A topic was mentioned before: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1473402-I-can-t-play-any-mission-Splinter-Cell-1

Was there a fix/patch to this? I tried looking at Ubisoft tech support, no luck.

I ran this on a Win7 32-bit, Pentium 2.4 ghz dual-core and a GeForce 9500 GT. All drivers were updated. All app compatibilities were set to WinXP. Despite some workarounds, none of them helped to resolve this issue. If I tried to run from a tablet with Win10, that still resulted the same issue.

It's strange after all this time of having a broken unrepaired game used by the old Unreal Engine and Ubisoft didn't care much about it.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Well your attempting to run a 14 year old game on a more modern OS, bound to be issues. I'm sure someone will figure out a solution. sooner or later.

Well someone is Reddit gave this link: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_Splinter_Cell

Just a few workarounds.... haven't tried them yet.

As for PCgamingwiki, that site is very useful for older and newer games to see if there are issues or adjustments before playing the game(s). That is something even all C&C games need some troubleshooting for if anyone cannot play any C&C game.