TheKnight105

AI on skirmish is so hard

Hey guys,

I'm writing this to state my opinion on the AI's in Skirmish (Zero Hour), i've been playing C&C for over 4 years, and believe it or not, i haven't been able to defeat Medium army or the Hard army AI's, no matter how hard i try, i can't imagine winning against them, and the Easy is so weak, so i came to a conclusion that they should add an AI which should be weaker than Medium but a little stronger than Easy, or maybe a Mod, anyone else having the same problem with the AI's?, and if someone can tell me an a advice about how to get better at this game, i always go to the supplies at the start and the oil, but it seems i still can't win :( , humans can't multitask, like them.

And the worst part is, i watched someone who were able to beat them at a 1v7, i tried to copy him, but it were the same :mad: ....

Thanks for Reading.

Edited by Plokite_Wolf
Please don't use excessive text colouring.

How many enemies are we talking here, are you unable to defeat a single medium enemy in a 1v1?

I doubt there are any mods that add a difficulty between easy and medium, modders usually like to make AI even harder than normal.

Which factions were involved?

Anyway, generally spoken, it's enough to build three construction units, a Barracks, and a Supply Depot. Once your constructions units are ready, build three basic base defences (Patriot Battery, Gatling Gun, Stinger Site/Tunnel Network). Those should easy eat a Medium AI's first wave of units.

After/during that, build an Arms Factory and tech up. Build units to support your defences, and also build more defences if you want. After that, you can turtle until you have a large enough army to steamroll the AI. Make sure that you have two superweapons ready (or a superweapon-like power like the A10 Strike or the Artillery Barrage) to take out the AI's superweapon.

How many enemies are we talking here, are you unable to defeat a single medium enemy in a 1v1?

I doubt there are any mods that add a difficulty between easy and medium, modders usually like to make AI even harder than normal.

Unfortunately, yes, in a 1v1..

Which factions were involved?

Anyway, generally spoken, it's enough to build three construction units, a Barracks, and a Supply Depot. Once your constructions units are ready, build three basic base defences (Patriot Battery, Gatling Gun, Stinger Site/Tunnel Network). Those should easy eat a Medium AI's first wave of units.

After/during that, build an Arms Factory and tech up. Build units to support your defences, and also build more defences if you want. After that, you can turtle until you have a large enough army to steamroll the AI. Make sure that you have two superweapons ready (or a superweapon-like power like the A10 Strike or the Artillery Barrage) to take out the AI's superweapon.

Thanks for the advice, i will do it, i will tell you the result after. much appreciated.

My strategy is usually to turtle as well. It takes a pretty experienced player to pull of high aggression tactics like the AI are capable of with their micromanagement advantage.

I do not go for extra supply docks or oil derricks until my main base is built up enough that I can afford to send some of my forces away without getting annihilated, which doesn't really happen until I start up my secondary resource generations. Of course, by that point, I don't really need the extra income anymore, so taking those points has more to do with stealing them from the enemy than needed them for myself.

I was never an expert at this game, but I did get up to taking on 4 allied hard AIs against me alone. I could take 7 hard AIs, but only if they were not one team.

My strategy is also to turtle.

Also - use the terrain to bolster your defenses.

To work up to playing against harder AI (Medium and Hard) ... prepare by fighting lower AI as teams.  EG: You = Team 1, 4 Easy AI = Team 2.  
Then move up to fighting a single higher-level AI.  EG: You vs Medium in 1v1.

hi

if you play online we can play together vs AI's on hard in skirmish mode.

maybe it will be helpful for  you.

kind regards

Be aware of last post dates and try not to necropost two-year old topics.