Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
belzebubukas

Fishing for map ideas

3 posts in this topic

So, after a loong time not touching the game I've decided to make some nice and heavily customised map. This would be both heavily scripted and map.ini edited.

Right now I'm thinking of disabling all / most of the building capabilities of dozers and giving some default buildings in the bases such as some defences, infantry barracks, command centre, maybe strategy centre. In the map you'd have some neutral indestructable uncapturable buildings that would occasionally produce tanks / aircraft and make them unmanned, therefore you'd get units specific to factories you're holding and try to wreck the other players with your captured stuff.

Of course, I'd like to make it more nuanced, eg.:

-> every player could create trucks / convoys which would be used (up) to upgrade the civilian factories to produce more / better vehicles

-> could have a civilian nuclear plant somewhere - when it's destroyed the whole map would have a bit of a radiation poisoning. The closer you come to the destroyed plant, the faster you lose health. As a matter of fact, I have already implemented this bit.

What I hope to get here is more ideas and feedback before I start properly. Keep in mind I'm quite good with this stuff, so don't worry too much about viability. Anything goes.

I also hope to see whether the community is dead. The game is really old, after all.

Oh, and one last thing - I might be doing this with the Destructive Forces mod as it adds a lot of stuff I could work with. I'd be happy to hear what you guys think about that as well.

Thanks for your time :)

could have a civilian nuclear plant somewhere - when it's destroyed the whole map would have a bit of a radiation poisoning. The closer you come to the destroyed plant, the faster you lose health. As a matter of fact, I have already implemented this bit.

I don't see any point of this. Noone will try to blow this structure up, because everyone will suffer the effects. I understand what you wanted to achieve, but my guess is very small number of players would approach this map that way designed. Just think of it: for whom the destruction of this civilian power plant is beneficial?

A better way to go about it is to make the nuclear plant already unstable and make it break on it's own, and add benefits to going closer to it pre-meltdown. Community is very dead, but there's still a few souls lurking about.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Roger Dyer
      Hi, well I am trying to work on a mission map that I have made, but I having trouble figuring out how to set up the scripting for a trigger area, i.e. I am trying to script actions in and around a triggered event in the game. I have part of the script done but am unable to quite workout the rest.

What I am trying to do is get an enemy unit to to do certain things once the trigger has be activated, i.e. I want an enemy base commander to escape capture, in order to trigger other events on the map. Now I have all the relevant buildings, units, trigger area and way points set up, but it is just sorting out the scripting for the triggered event, including the possibility of set up of some sort of cutscene to go with the triggered event.

So here is what should happen in the mission.

Intro, able to do this
      Hero team enter map, have not decided how they are going to enter map
      Hero team set up base and scot area
      Hero team locate abandoned Faction base and take it over, triggering scripting copied from ZHUSA-md05 and 1st enemy sub base to become active and start hunting, can do this my self
      Scot and capture 1st enemy sub base, triggering cutscene, having trouble with scripting this bit
      Triggered cutscene see enemy unit escape and trigger a new phase of mission, i.e. enemy 2nd sub base becomes active and start hunting
      Again same as 5
      Triggered cutscene see enemy units escape and trigger a new phase of mission, i.e. enemy main base becomes active triggering final phase of mission, i.e. seek and destroy
      End cutscene, can work on that or might copy ZHUSA-md05 end script

So what it is I need is help working out the scripting to make the escape/cutscene work! Or could I use the same scripting as the intro to do this or will I need a new set of scripts?

The cutscene should run like this,

Player has unit ground in trigger area
      Base commander un-garrisons from HQ and follows way point path to sleeping chopper
      Base commander enters chopper
      Escape chopper takes off and follows way point path to enemy 2nd base
      Chopper lands, after running from chopper base commander enters trigger area and enters the enemy 2nd base command center
      Triggering next phase of the game, i.e. the transport of toxins from 2nd base to main base also triggering timer for supper weapons and chemical rocket attacks on the player bases.

The only bet I am having a problem with is trying to work out the full list of scripts to make the triggered events to work like a cutscene, i.e. something like the ones used in ZHUSA-md03. I have attached 4 jpegs, 2 showing the two bases layout and 2 showing close up of start point and finish point's, as you can see every thing is in place, all I have to do is sort out the cutscene,I have made basic intros for other maps and can do the same for this one, but it is just getting my head around the making of the cutscene and once I have made it, I can then make a second cutscene for the triggering of phase 3/final part of the mission. As well as little extra bits here and there, but it is just doing the first one that is so hard.

Hope this helps?

• By kienxx
      1. How can i make reveal map in skirmish?
      2 .How can i make V4 rocket when launched will follow target on patch 1.12, as patch 1.0?
    • By MattAttack

I've been working on replacing all 49 (!) missions from the original c&c campaign. So far I've finished GDI & Nod 1-4 (with alternates=13 missions) This campaign is meant to run concurrently with the originals. For example, in GDI mission 1 you must guide a computer controlled Nikoomba back to his village (where in the original game, Nod kills him in their mission 1) Simply drop the .mix into your c&c directory select "start new game" (NOT new missions) and have at it. I'd appreciate any input I can get. If you love them or hate them, let me know! I'm also open to any ideas for future missions, just keep in mind build level and such.

td4pros.zip
    • By zunnie
      Medical Center Assault
      Medical Center is a map designed by MPF Games with an Assault type of game in mind.
      It features a cool looking Medical Center which GDI has to protect at all costs for 40 minutes while Nod has 40 minutes to destroy it.

The Medical Center
      GDI's most important Medical Center is centered on this map where wounded soldiers are treated, medicine are developed and tiberium research is done.
      At mapload a timer will initialize for 40 minutes within which Nod must attempt to Assault the Medical Center and destroy it.
      GDI must protect the Medical Center above all and prevent its destruction or lose.
      When the timer of 40 minutes runs out and the Medical Center has not been destroyed by Nod, then GDI wins.
      If Nod succesfully destroys the Medical Center then Nod will win the game.

Scientists and Nurses
      Inside the Medical Center are working several Scientists and Nurses, GDI should absolutely not kill them.
      For every friendly kill of a Scientist or Nurse your points will be dropped by -1000 and your money will be reset to 0 credits.
      Nod however can kill them at will

The GDI Base
      GDI has three Advanced Guard Towers defending the Medical Center. One at the leff, middle and right of the base accompanied by Guard Towers.
      There is a Barracks, Tiberium Refinery, Power Plant, Helicopter Pad and a Weapons Factory.
      The Weapons Factory only produces Humm-vee's and Harvesters, all other vehicles are disabled from the Purchase menu.

The Nod Base
      All Nod buildings are invulnerable and cannot be killed by GDI. The sole and only purpose is to defend and attack the Medical Center.
      There are no limitations to the Purchase options for Nod.

GDI Vehicles
      Although the Purchase menu has most vehicles disabled, it is not that GDI won't have any good armor:
      At the Weapons Factory spawn 3 Mammoth Tanks, 4 Medium Tanks and 2 MRLS's.
      At the Helicopter Pad spawns 1 Orca.
      At the Medical Center spawn 2 Ambulances and 1 Medevac Helicopter.
      when killed they respawn 1 minute after.
      These vehicles are Team Locked to GDI meaning that Nod cannot steal them until at least one GDI has entered them before abondoning it.

Ambulances and Medevac Helicopters
      Ambulances repair all units within a radius of 25 meters by firing its weapon. It will sound a sirene when done so.
      The Medevac Helicopter refills the health and armor of every Passenger that enters it.

Teamwork
      This map requires very good teamwork for both teams to win. Use the tunnels as Nod to your advantage in taking out the (Advanced) Guard Towers.
      During the testing phase with more than 30 players at a time both GDI and Nod have won multiple times and the balance seems to be relatively alright.

Thanks for reading!
      Video and Screenshots below:

• By Sonic
      There is a new tab at the top of the page, its our new Member Map. You can now display your location on this map for other members to see. Its powered by Google Maps, so if your familiar with that than you should be able find your way around this one
      You must be registered on our forums to add your marker to the map
      You can quickly view any friends that have added themselves
      You can change/delete your location at any time