Sign in to follow this  
belzebubukas

Fishing for map ideas

So, after a loong time not touching the game I've decided to make some nice and heavily customised map. This would be both heavily scripted and map.ini edited.

Right now I'm thinking of disabling all / most of the building capabilities of dozers and giving some default buildings in the bases such as some defences, infantry barracks, command centre, maybe strategy centre. In the map you'd have some neutral indestructable uncapturable buildings that would occasionally produce tanks / aircraft and make them unmanned, therefore you'd get units specific to factories you're holding and try to wreck the other players with your captured stuff.

Of course, I'd like to make it more nuanced, eg.:

-> every player could create trucks / convoys which would be used (up) to upgrade the civilian factories to produce more / better vehicles

-> could have a civilian nuclear plant somewhere - when it's destroyed the whole map would have a bit of a radiation poisoning. The closer you come to the destroyed plant, the faster you lose health. As a matter of fact, I have already implemented this bit.

What I hope to get here is more ideas and feedback before I start properly. Keep in mind I'm quite good with this stuff, so don't worry too much about viability. Anything goes.

I also hope to see whether the community is dead. The game is really old, after all.

Oh, and one last thing - I might be doing this with the Destructive Forces mod as it adds a lot of stuff I could work with. I'd be happy to hear what you guys think about that as well.

Thanks for your time :)

could have a civilian nuclear plant somewhere - when it's destroyed the whole map would have a bit of a radiation poisoning. The closer you come to the destroyed plant, the faster you lose health. As a matter of fact, I have already implemented this bit.

I don't see any point of this. Noone will try to blow this structure up, because everyone will suffer the effects. I understand what you wanted to achieve, but my guess is very small number of players would approach this map that way designed. Just think of it: for whom the destruction of this civilian power plant is beneficial?

A better way to go about it is to make the nuclear plant already unstable and make it break on it's own, and add benefits to going closer to it pre-meltdown. Community is very dead, but there's still a few souls lurking about.