Sign in to follow this  
TaxOwlbear

Adding the general you are playing as to his/her own challenge?

As per title: I would like to add the general I'm playing as to the Challenge e.g. when I play as the Air Force General, I'll fight myself at one point. Is that possible?

Of course it doesn't make any sense from a story point of view, but I think it would be interesting to play the Challenge with mirror matches.

Okay, I found the entry in INIZH.big. Currently fiddling around with a FinalBIG.

Done. That was surprisingly easy.

BQTwX6F.jpg

EDIT: It sort of works. The maps seem to be unwinnable, even after destroying all enemy units and structures. AT first I thought that maybe I had to destroy all Stealth General core buildings (including my own), but even selling my base and only keeping my units doesn't allow me to win.

Edited by TaxOwlbear

I tried that, but was unable to figure out the victory conditions. I haven't really used the World Builder before, though.

***IF***

All factories belonging to  Player 'AIOpponent' have been destroyed.

*AND* All factories belonging to  Player 'AIOpponent2' have been destroyed.

These are the conditions that need to be met to start the timer making the end cinematic. (Camera rotating, victory music).

AIOpponent is the southern base that needs to be destroyed, AIOpponent2 being the northern base of the map. I think you simply missed a stealthed building. I don't see a reason why changing your general to the same would create problems.

Edited by Zuzzlan

I definitely didn't miss any of the buildings. I've played this map before and placed stealth detection units everywhere to make sure I didn't miss anything.

The script checking what faction you are does not work as it doesn't check for the stealth general. This script also enables the victory, as the different factions have different victory anthems at the end. So without editing the scripting, it is impossible to win as the same general.

I tried this again, and didn't manage to change the victory conditions. The condition is simply that all factories of AIOpponent1 and 2 have been destroyed, but that somehow doesn't work.

However, I did try the same with the Laser General, and winning a mirror match against him is possible for some reason.

Edited by TaxOwlbear

Small update: I played with the victory scripts and changed the victory conditions (e.g from "all factories destroyed" to "more than three buildings destroed"), but I can't get the victory screen to trigger. I'll try this with other generals later.

EDIT: Mirror matches are winnable with the Air Force, Superweapon, and Nuke General too. However, neither the Superweapon nor the Laser General use their Particle Weapons.

Edited by TaxOwlbear