Doctor Destiny

Post Your C&C Collections

Not sure if this was ever posted anywhere but if it was, it's probably time for a refresh.

Here's what I have in my collection right now. Even now, it's not 100 percent accurate. xD

rasm.jpg
Yes, those are two RA2 WTC boxes. :P And there's two Premier Editions on the end. Oh, and Total Destruction is an unofficial addon, but I got the box! :D

ra2sm.jpg
I can't find anything about the Ion Cannon blast RA cover art. Does anyone know anything about it? The one in the folding slip is a Thai version of RA1.

tibsm.jpg
I need a second Platinum Edition. The one I have has a lot of damage. :(

tib2sm.jpg

gensm.jpg
Mac Generals! yay :D

collectionssm.jpg
I got a complete Worldwide Warfare with the folding cardboard case. I have two more, but I don't have the thick jewel case variant yet. SOON I HOPE!

ostsm.jpg
Soundtracks! I finally got me a C&C1 OST! wheee! :D

Bonus Simcity! xD
simcitysm.jpg
I got a proper Special Edition box! :D

My collection has grown since I last photo'd it...

Here's the usual suspects (thanks to Tchutch for the awesome card!)...

RYy1fQF.jpg

Then there's the posters (too lazy to take a new pic, and also the TW one isn't in that good a shape anymore):

BtAKZS2.jpg

Then there's the censored German discs of TD and RA1...

xKF6zhx.jpg

Also, DD, you're missing this one ;)

lrfXFwJ.jpg

It's the soundtrack OST cd's that I'm most jealous about...

I don't do much importing so I won't get one of those, Plokite. xD

Anyhow, this glorious beauty came in the mail today.

cc1jpsm1.jpg

cc1jpsm2.jpg

Well I guess I'll invade this thread too.

• Click on images for a closer look
  • I don't include releases I have multiple of
  • All the Windows and Mac OS games until Generals are the "big box" releases

cnc1-thumb.jpg

C&C1 and related stuff

ra1-thumb.jpg

RA1 and related stuff

ts-thumb.jpg

TS and related stuff

ra2yrnren-thumb.jpg

RA2, YR and Renegade (sorry for blurry photo, I set the focus wrong)

dunewestwoodcryo-thumb.jpg

Dune and general Westwood stuff with Dune by Cryo sneaking in (discs showing version of the game)

latercnc-thumb.jpg

Later C&C games by EA. The Kane Edition is signed by Louis Castle and Jason Bender.

compilations-thumb.jpg

Random compilations

specialednsole-thumb.jpg

Westwood special editions and Sole Survivor

Edited by Tore

Yes, those are two RA2 WTC boxes. :P And there's two Premier Editions on the end. Oh, and Total Destruction is an unofficial addon, but I got the box! :D

Is Total Destruction an unofficial add-on to Red Alert 2? I looked in the Moddb page and the download to that is gone. Was that the only add-on to a C&C game made it to the retail box?

No, it's for the original Red Alert. There were several unofficial addons that had boxes, though most didn't I think. The only boxes I've seen for addons is Total Destruction, PerfectAlert and Are You Ready & Alert. All for RA1. Some exist for C&C1 but not any boxed that I can see. They're called addons, but they're really just SP and MP maps for the most part or map editors. Total Destruction is maps and an editor and Defcon 3 is just maps I believe.

However, since most of them are from Europe, I don't really know. If anyone can clarify, that would be nice too.

Shovelware addons such as Command Companion, Defcon 3, Command & Craft contains etc. contains stuff for C&C1 and have boxes.

Anyhow, this glorious beauty came in the mail today.

Congrats. You now own the Kane end speech in CD quality... in japanese :P

Guest Stevie_K

That's really nice collections!

Haven't bought a C&C game in who knows how many years.

Wishing that 2017 will surprise and give a reason to expand it. ;)

Not exactly C&C... but I love these disks. Some of the rarest of game soundtracks.

70MSCXtA.jpg

Hmm... will have to check those out Nyerguds.

Dune Spice Opera? I saw that being sold for rather spicy prices online.

Awyeah. Got some updates!

ra_sm.jpg
I found me a DEFCON 3 box in super great condition. I also got lucky and got a DOS original RA release!

rajewels_sm.jpg
That Red Alert 2 comes with 3 discs. One being a manual CD, which is pretty neat.

tib_sm.jpg
Not too much new here. I got a much better condition Renegade box and I have those cool figurines. I had to get two of each because reasons.

tibjewels_sm.jpg
I need some replacement jewel cases. Most of these are a little too damaged for my liking. :/

generals_sm.jpg
Finally got me the Deluxe Edition box and the box for the GLA general! And finally got a standard Generals Mac box!

collections_sm.jpg
Finally picked up a First Decade with the cardboard sleeve without being covered in stickers. Really happy with that one. Almost got the second variant for Worldwide Warfare! SO CLOSE!

console_sm.jpg
Console editions! I have all of the US released console copies that exist. Oh, and that super neat Japanese C&C1!

rereleases_sm.jpg
Just some EA rereleases for TS and RA2. Nothing fancy but I still think they're neat.

soundtracks_sm.jpg
I found a Generals promotional soundtrack that was never released to the public so I absolutely had to pick it up.

addons_sm.jpg
I'm also trying to get unofficial addons, but they're hard to come by. Don't mind the cracks on Tactical Operations. Goddamn postal service damaged it in transit. Oh, anyone got links to cover art for the Command Companion? I can create my own inserts to make it look better.

I have a few more things on the way and they're super cool... at least for collectors in the US. You'll see when I get them in.

Nice!

You gotta find the different releases of RA PS1 and Retaliation as well. There is one by VIE and one by EA ;)

That C&C OST with the metal texture logo and without "not for resale" written on it is pretty rare and was exclusively sold on Westwood.com IIRC, that being said the C&C OST is rare in general.

i am Loving those Virgin Interactive Box's is see there they were some of the best big box titles. and great seeing people also collected Lands of Lore and NOX those are some classic games there. i wish both Lands of Lore and NOX got an remaster, but we know that will never happen. but at least we know that there is a looked after collection of these.

My imports finally all made it in! :D

raeu_sm.jpg
I love these boxes. So much more interesting than the US releases. :(

addonseu_sm.jpg
Bonus addons! :D

ebfd_sm.jpg
Not C&C but it is still Westwood. :D

Nice.

I find the North American versions more interesting than the European ones though.

I've always had these so I guess the foreign aspect is more interesting. I like the US boxes too but the EU ones have more punch to me.

Been so awesome getting these in. Can't wait to get more.

Guest Stevie_K

That German glittery one looks dope as hell.

I almost lost it when I found it for sale. Even got it for cheap, which is really awesome. Love having it in my collection. I mean, for a US collector, it's just awesome having EU releases in general. I really want the EU Firestorm release. That one looks way better than the US release.