Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
karrystare

Rules.ini units, buildings,... id

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I want to ask that are there any alternative ways to get units, buildings,... id without open the rules.ini files? Cause It seem like I was able to play around with the protected .mix without breaking anything. But since that .mix is from another mod so those ids was changed a lot.

No, unless you're lucky and stumble upon a modified map that has special triggers/settings for individual units (such as mere TechLevel=-1 tags).

The long and short of it is that you don't. If you're trying to get into a protected MIX file, they want you out of their files for a reason.

What I want is trying to get the [....] without open the mix so I don't want to open it in the first place. And the reason is I just want to do somethings like set the recharge time of superweapon or unit hp or something like that. So you mean that I can't get those things except opening the mix?

Edited by karrystare

I know that those files have been locked for the sake of protecting the assets from being ripped. And I somehow know the other ways to edit those things without using rules files. I asked that are there any alternative ways to know the things insde this [.....]. Like minecraft you can see the item IDs through some hotkey instead of open the whole mod file.

Edited by karrystare

If all you want is to view the inis, you can always just dump the mix file into a hex editor and look for the rules.ini text. Mix files aren't compressed or anything.

Just what mod are you talking about?