tclangslow

Kane's Wrath: cant use mod's

4 posts in this topic

I have downloaded the fixed launchers and I can use command and conquer Tiberium war's fine with all mod's however I do not know how to use mod's on Kane's Wrath as I just cant see anyway of launching them. Looked all over the internet and cant seem to find any kind of guide, all the guides show me how to play mods on Tiberium wars.

I got the ultimate collection from Origin I have had command and conquer on CD but lost the games which is why I bought an online copy, I do not know if having them previously installed will have any impact on the game now.

Also on Windows 7

To run mods if you have the Ultimate Collection on Origin, you need to install this special C&C launcher so C&C mods can run properly: http://bibber.eu/downloads/cnc-ultimate-collection-launchers

To run Kane's Wrath mods you need to download and run this KW mod launcher: http://bibber.eu/downloads/wrathed-mod-launcher

All KW mods are placed in C:\Users\your user name\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath\Mods.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Thank you mate I tried like 5 launchers that I found and that's the only one that worked I can see the mod in the launcher now but it only launches the normal version. I think it is because I have 3 different command and conquer Kane's wrath on my computer the launcher seems to go straight to the disc version of the game rather then the origin or steam version not sure how to go around that as I no longer have a disc copy.

I think it is because I have 3 different command and conquer Kane's wrath on my computer the launcher seems to go straight to the disc version of the game rather then the origin or steam version not sure how to go around that as I no longer have a disc copy.

So, um... uninstall those other ones, then?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By xQd
      Is it possible to edit or add new strike forces to the game that the AI will use? I'd like to see the AI attack you with 25 flame tanks or 10 devastator warships strke forces so that it becomes a real challenge for the player.
      I have never modded this game before but I can certaintly give it a shot if someone can point me to the files I need to edit.
    • By n97kurmi
      Ok so after having problems with the steam version of C&C3 and Kane's wrath i decided to buy the Ultimate collector's edition of Command and conquer games. I installed all of the games and then downloaded the launcher mod and Tiberium essence for C&C3 and gave it a spin. It works well on Ultra settings and at Full FPS. But then comes Kane's wrath. I start playing the first mission at same Settings as C&C3. The Game is slow it moves at a snail pace. I tried one of the skirmish maps and it was also painfully slow. What is going on?
      My computer can run Red alert 3 and C&C3 on full settings at full speed.
      It can run Battlefield 1 at a Medium settings on playable speed.
      And I can play Company of Heroes 2 at full settings at playable speed.
      I even went for game debates page to test my computer on how would it play.
      Unsuprisingly my computer should be able to run the game without any problems.
      Can some one help?
      PC specs:
      Intel Core I5-4210H 2.90GHz
      Windows 10 64bit
      Nvidia Geforce GTX 860m
      8GB RAM
      DirectX 12
      Kane's wrath 1.02

• By Shrike60
      Hello All,

Allow me to set the stage:

Running Steam version of Kane's Wrath on a Windows 10 Box. Using WrathEd 1.08. Trying to modify the NODSaboteur. I extracted the xml data from CNC3EP1_english_1.2.SkuDef using WrathEd's Open SkuDef.

My file structure is Mods\Nod\Data\. In the Data folder is the Static.xml file which contains...
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <AssetDeclaration xmlns="uri:ea.com:eala:asset"> <!-- Main Mod File for Static Data --> <Includes> <!-- Reference to the Game's Global Data --> <Include type="reference" source="Global.xml" /> <!-- Includes of the Mod's Static Data --> <Include type="all" source="Static/NODSaboteur.xml" /> </Includes> </AssetDeclaration> ...and the Static folder that contains the NODSaboteur.xml file. I created a bat file with the following command line C:\WrathEd1.08\BuildMod.bat Nod 2.0 and run it as administrator. When I build, the files that are created are placed in C:\Users\Clay\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath\Mods\nod (created by the game itself). This is what shows up in it:

I created several mods for TW and those files were a bit more than 1 kb...lol. As a sanity check I did a build of the sample mod. This was the results:

The mods were not incorporated at all. Any advice would be appreciated.
    • By Plokite_Wolf

There's been a lot of news in the Command & Conquer community to cover, so here's a quick overview of what's going on:
      The first release of the Red Alert 3 version of the Generals 2 mod has been published. Nyerguds' 1.06c patch for Command & Conquer: Gold received a hotfix (labeled update 4) that resolves a compatibility problem with CnCNet. The updated version of Kane's Wrath 1.02+ map packs, R12b, has been made available. These maps have many issues fixed, and are played by mid- and high-level players. On Saturday, February 18th, the third annual Free-For-All tournament in Kane's Wrath took place, lasting a total of six hours. Recorded live commentary by IISpartacus (joined in finals by Masterleaf) is available . Yesterday, CnCSaga.com found 7 more pieces of concept art from the cancelled Red Alert Alliances, which show that the Empire of the Rising Sun was also to appear. The CnCNet spawner code for Tiberian Sun has been made open to the public on GitHub, with the languages being C and x86 Assembler. Check out more news in our C&C Community News forum. If you have any community news of your own you want to share, feel free to send us a news tip.
    • By Sonic

GameReplays.org will be hosting the Kane's Wrath January 3vs3 R12 Tournament this Sunday, 8th January at 12:00 GMT on C&C:Online. Players in this event are free to select their own teams, although the tournament organisers will try to make teams for those that don't have one. Sign ups are open now, you will also find all the important details right here. If you need help getting online to play, see GameReplays.org's C&C:Online User Guide. Sign ups close at 11 AM GMT on the day of the event.