Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

It's early to open this new discussion topic, but hey, Disney/Lucasarts have officially named the subtitle for Star Wars 8. A decent title though, but I'll bet the last Jedi standing is Rey when Luke will fall to the Empire. I wish it was called The Empire Re-Strikes Back.

First trailer is here:

The official poster:

ep8_teaser_1-sht_v2_sm.jpg

Edited by PurpleGaga27

I wish it was called The Empire Re-Strikes Back.

Then I guess it's a good thing you're not in charge of naming films.
  • Upvote 2

Luke will fall to the Empire

You mean the First Order. The Empire are long since dead and buried. See episodes IV, V, VI for reference.

Keep in mind Jedi is both singular and plural. Jedi can mean both Luke and Rey.

Just noticed the "STAR WARS" logo in the image above is outlined in red this time, I wonder if there is any significance to that?

It was yellow for The Force Awakens....

vgVC7y0.jpg

Just noticed the "STAR WARS" logo in the image above is outlined in red this time, I wonder if there is any significance to that?

Not necessarily. Red logos were also used Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith. I expect them to go with a blue one for the third/ninth film.

Could have been worse. They could have gone with The Empire Re-Strikes Back.

• Upvote 1

Could have been worse. They could have gone with The Empire Re-Strikes Back.

Since Sonic said otherwise, I even thought of First Order Strikes Back. :P

Today's Good Friday and Disney has finally released the first trailer of this film:

"It's time for the Jedi to end," said Luke.

Edited by PurpleGaga27
  • Upvote 1

Saw it elsewhere... but it was still lame...

For an early teaser, it didn't really "tease" much it. But I don't care I will still go and see it in December anyway.

Oh I will definitely see it opening weekend... but we didn't need any of Luke's postering... just the last 30secs of space interdiction.

Really disappointed with the disillusioned Luke Story line, and to take up so much time in the teaser. I mean, that's all explained in the first movie. We don't need to see it again in the teaser. Show us NEW stuff!

Just found out before Star Wars will release the second trailer of Star Wars 8 soon, JJ Abrams will co-write and direct Star Wars 9. Can he really conclude the Star Wars movie series once and for all?

Second trailer is up (after several months):

On 25/01/2017 at 7:28 AM, Lauren said:

Keep in mind Jedi is both singular and plural. Jedi can mean both Luke and Rey.

Late to the party, but it's plural according to some official translations of the film's title.

Just saw the film, I can't recall the last time I felt so satisfied exiting the theatre.

Satisfied because you enjoyed it, or satisfied it was finally over and you could get out?

Based on some of the reviews I've heard, I honestly don't know which.

I'm going to guess you liked it though, as even the people who weren't so pleased with it thought it was entertaining at the time and only concluded just how bad they found it upon reflection.

Satisfied as in pleased. Yes, it's not flawless, but it's not at all deserving of the hate.

I watched it 3 times, and in my opinion it's a really good star wars. Yes it has some flaws, but a lot of complaints stem from people who don't get the star wars lore. The movie it's quite a lot closer to the books, which i liked a lot. A lot of people say a Jedi like Luke wouldn't have the problems like he does in this movie, but imo they're quite wrong. If that would be the case there wouldn't be any Sith in the first place... the characters are really realistic and it's rather a strong point here.

Most people who are negative towards the movie just wanted their op Luke to swoop in and save the day, again not at all what star wars was ever about.

Edited by Lauren
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lauren said:

Most people who are negative towards the movie just wanted their op Luke to swoop in and save the day, again not at all what star wars was ever about.

In fact, the theme of introspection and internal battles is what really impressed me in this episode. Sure, we all love to see gratuitous 'splosions (it is Star Wars, after all ;) ), but it just shows how the series has been allowed to mature.

Also they basically got what they wanted anyway. Though it was a force projection by Luke he basically swooped in and saved the day in god mode.  Additionally considering Yoda was able to blow up a tree just by lifting a finger it's basically a givrn Luke will show up in Ep 9.