I am interested to add working railroad transport for some maps. Is it possible to do on C&C3 engine? There was fully working trains in C&C Generals.

But looks like these logic was completely removed from CnC3 engine. I don't find any leftover code from Generals for railroad transport. Is there any other way to recreate it in CnC3?

Edited by NightWind

It's still possible with a workaround: For the rails use a texture if necessary your own. Create a waypoint path on the rails and name the path. Then you place the object (train) that is supposed to move somewhere. The main step now is to make a script that enables the object to move. It's something like unit follow waypoint path "pathname". You could use the monorail train that already exists.

As far as I remebmer, the trains in Generals were nothing more than a road texture to create the tracks and map scripts ("follow waypoint path") to create the movement. Should still be possible in CnC.

I think Generals had some hardcoded behaviors regarding train/wagon and tunnel and station behavior. Not sure how much of that is sill present in c&c 3's worldbuilder? But worse case you could simulate a lot of it probably by clever use of timer scripts.