Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dominic Drogsteen

Red Alert 3 and it's expansion Uprising

3 posts in this topic

So I'd like to start off with: I love this series, It was my introduction to video games at the age of 5. So as a fan of this franchise I play lots of it.

I'd like to address my problem with skirmish maps not showing up in the single player skirmish map list (The ones I have installed.)

Now I have read posts on this forum about going in to User/username/appdata/roaming/redalert3uprising so on and so forth(yes I enabled show hidden files) And followed the steps there and I cannot figure out what my problem is. At first I thought I had to take the map folder out of its extraction folder (The one that’s empty except for the file containing the map and its various accompanying files.) into the maps folder I had to manually add into the RA3 Uprising. The folder contained only one folder a profiles folder. I've restarted my computer, added just the map files in the map folder, put the un-extracted zip files in the map files in the map folder and then extracted them there.

Please note that I have: Windows 10, and The Ultimate Collection version

Furthermore The Base game Red Alert 3 likes to prompt me a registration key as the Splash screen shows up before starting the game, then asks to re-confirm the key, except it does it over and over and over again when I click done. The key is already in the box when it asks for it. I don't know if this is a customer service issue or what. I will tell you however; I'm pretty irritated with my ignorance on this issue and not being able to fix it. Please if anyone has any information or help on this please PLEASE help me out here!!!

I'd like to adress my problem with skirmish maps not showing up in the single player skirmish map list (The ones I have installed.) (...)

Does each map have its own folder within the Maps folder?

Furthermore The Base game Red Alert 3 likes to prompt me a registration key as the Splash screen shows up before starting the game, then asks to re-confirm the key, except it does it over and over and over again when I click done. The key is already in the box when it asks for it. I don't know if this is a customer service issue or what. I will tell you however; I'm pretty irritated with my ignorance on this issue and not being able to fix it. Please if anyone has any information or help on this please PLEASE help me out here!!!

If running Origin and RA3 as administrator and perhaps reinstalling doesn't change this, the only real way you can resolve this is by contacting EA's Customer Support, provided they even answer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By gomi
      Hello, I am trying to use Red Alert 3 SDK. I use 64 bit. It was crashing I updated the BinaryAssetBuilder to 64 bit ant worked. This time I see error at log sth like :  
      [00:00:01.4520502] Error: System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaException: simpleType 'uri:ea.com:eala:asset:BaseAssetReference' zaten bildirilmiŸ.   (zaten bildirilmiŸ means already defined)
      I get this error even I try to build samplemod. What's wrong ?
    • By Plokite_Wolf
      Over a month ago, the team at GVMERS, who had previously covered the fate of the cancelled FPS Tiberium, created a video on the entire C&C franchise. What you are looking at above is the corrected, definitive version - certain facts about things that happened behind the scenes in Westwood Studios, EA Pacific, EA Los Angeles and Victory Games have been proofread, and each game is now presented in higher detail, in order to better describe what made Command & Conquer what it is, in both its good and bad times. The video is now 10 minutes longer in total, so be sure to check it out!
    • By Sonic
      Back in February, GVMERS posted a video that looked at what happened to the cancelled Tiberium FPS. Today, they have new Command & Conquer video that dives into the entire franchise. The Command & Conquer franchise helped shape the identity of RTS games during the 1990's and would influence the designs of countless similar strategy titles in later years. Even though the franchise ended with a whimper instead of a bang, it managed to create an indelible impact on the history of videogames. Join the team from GVMERS as they take a look at the rise and fall of Command & Conquer.
    • By Plokite_Wolf

In this week's Throwback Thursday feature, we look back at one of the Transformers-inspired units from Red Alert 3 - the Mecha/Jet Tengu. In its default state, the Mecha Tengu is a hovering pilot-assisted robot primarily used as an anti-infantry assault unit which can easily be massed. When the skies are not clear, it can turn into a Jet Tengu, a fast anti-aircraft fighter, in a speedy and spectacular transformation sequence. Unlike its Allied and Soviet counterparts, the Jet Tengu does not need to return to an airfield to reload, though it is not as effective as the other two.

Remember, you can click on the preview to see a larger and more detailed image. Don't forget to check out the Throwback Thursdays archives if you've missed a week. Check back again next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We also encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #ThrowbackThursday, #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.
    • By Sonic

This week's edition of C&C Music Monday is a bit different. Today we feature an actual music video. This is the "Red Alert 3 Remix" released by EA just as Red Alert 3 was launched. It could be one of the best promotional videos ever made. All of the big names from the Red Alert 3 cast appear in this video. Unfortunately the video was never released in HD, but the quality is acceptable. Watch this video and learn something! Don't forget to share this on social media using the hash tags #CnCMusicMonday and #MusicMonday.