Sign in to follow this  
Nafeasonto

Modding an existing mod...

Okay there is an entire tutorial on how to do modding I see. Is it possible to modify an exsisting MOD? I will just do it for my friends and I who LAN this game. Specifically the retarded mod, that was released back in 2008, and hasn't been worked on since. Lots of inbalance in the MOD, and overpowered SCRIN etc.

Can someone explain how to edit an exsisting MOD, you knows stats etc, or just do what it says in the MOD tutorial, or is it different for editing BIG files?

To answer your first question, yes, only if the creator releases his/her entire source code of the mod. However, for the second question, it's possible via WrathEd (since recent C&C3/RA3 defs can read xml coding on mods), but I wouldn't recommend that since it's time consuming. Unless you ask the creator for permission to edit his mod, you could bring infringement if released publicly.

C&C3 format style is more different than Generals/Zero Hour and BFME 1/2. EALA back then used xml/xsd/lua coding instead of INI. Only the Misc.big file can be edited because it uses old ini, script, map, and movie files.

For the C&C3/KW Defs, WrathEd has it (in a mod example). For RA3, the Mod SDK did not come with a defs file. It's possible to get it but don't ask me since IDK where I last time saw it.

I thought Bibber has them in his C&C3 and RA3 extra Mod SDK files but they were not there.

Edited by PurpleGaga27