1 post in this topic

OK, here's the story. I'm making my first mod, a small one, in which you are able to create a unit through the Chinese barracks that shoots fire. I call him the Dragon Gunner. (Much like the Dragon Tank.) I replicated the Dragon Tank's weapon in order to make a Dragon Gunner weapon, did the same for the weapon object, etc. Everything works fine, but I have a little bug. When the unit is firing in one direction, and then you ask him to fire in another direction, he does not turn. He instead spawns a magical string of fire out of the back of his head. I've tried looking for a possible solution, but sadly there aren't any tutorials that I could find that show how to do what I'm doing. If you need me to put the source code, I will. I am just hesitant to paste the weapons.ini, weaponobjects.ini, and chinainfantry.ini all on one thread.

Thank you in advance!

-ThePaperRobot 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By gomi
      Hello, I am trying to use Red Alert 3 SDK. I use 64 bit. It was crashing I updated the BinaryAssetBuilder to 64 bit ant worked. This time I see error at log sth like :  
      [00:00:01.4520502] Error: System.Xml.Schema.XmlSchemaException: simpleType 'uri:ea.com:eala:asset:BaseAssetReference' zaten bildirilmiŸ.   (zaten bildirilmiŸ means already defined)
      I get this error even I try to build samplemod. What's wrong ?
    • By Shrike60
      Hello All,

Allow me to set the stage:

Running Steam version of Kane's Wrath on a Windows 10 Box. Using WrathEd 1.08. Trying to modify the NODSaboteur. I extracted the xml data from CNC3EP1_english_1.2.SkuDef using WrathEd's Open SkuDef.

My file structure is Mods\Nod\Data\. In the Data folder is the Static.xml file which contains...
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <AssetDeclaration xmlns="uri:ea.com:eala:asset"> <!-- Main Mod File for Static Data --> <Includes> <!-- Reference to the Game's Global Data --> <Include type="reference" source="Global.xml" /> <!-- Includes of the Mod's Static Data --> <Include type="all" source="Static/NODSaboteur.xml" /> </Includes> </AssetDeclaration> ...and the Static folder that contains the NODSaboteur.xml file. I created a bat file with the following command line C:\WrathEd1.08\BuildMod.bat Nod 2.0 and run it as administrator. When I build, the files that are created are placed in C:\Users\Clay\Documents\Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath\Mods\nod (created by the game itself). This is what shows up in it:

I created several mods for TW and those files were a bit more than 1 kb...lol. As a sanity check I did a build of the sample mod. This was the results:

The mods were not incorporated at all. Any advice would be appreciated.
    • By Muhammad Ali
      Sometimes in my mod the AI would rather build another attack force rather than sending the one it previously created. The 1st attack force just sits outside my base without attacking. Skirmishes are often just the AI building attack forces repeatedly causing a glob of idle units lagging the game. How can I fix this? Is this a result of having large attack teams with low number TeamDelays?
    • By 2LateImDead
      So I'm making my first mod for Zero Hour. I'm just about ready to put it in beta, I've just got two things left to do that I can't figure out how for the life of me.

Firstly, I want to add the ECM weapon and auto-firing behavior to the Tank General's Battlemaster and Overlord tanks. Trouble is, if I just copy and paste the behavior from the ECM, it animates their barrels as if they're firing their main weapon every time the effect repeats. If I try to make the ECM weapon have control over the secondary weapon slot so it doesn't do that, it crashes the game. If I try to make the tank's main weapon into its secondary weapon and change the animations accordingly, it crashes the game. I have no clue what to do here. So I thought I'd take the easy way out - instead of that, I'll just buff the tanks up a bit and make them EMP hardened (part of the mod includes a lot more EMP rockets from two generals). Unfortunately, that doesn't work either. I've made them immune to subdual damage and I added EMP_HARDENED to their KindOf, but it doesn't work. At this point I'm not sure which I'd prefer, but I'm leaning more towards the EMP hardening. But I don't know how to do either, and I can't find technical information on the EMP effects of the game anywhere, so I need some help, please.

The second thing is likely much simpler. I want Dr. Thrax's poison fields to heal all his units. I made custom armor for all of them that has poison as -100% damage, but that simply makes them immune. I don't know how to do this either. So again, help, plz.

So yeah. Other than those, the mod is ready to roll. If I could please get some help, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
    • By Chimas
      Hi,

I'd like to know more about some specs of the abandoned C&C Generals2:

- engine planned to be used?;
      - textures formats?;
      - polycounts of some units as average examples?;
      - how the off-engine scripting was being handled?;
      - Was it also a "browser" game?

The reason behind this is that I am evaluating the RTS games in general and see what assets they are using to develop their games.
      You can also comment and compare other RTS games that will not be off-topic.
      btw, I'm not developing any game and certainly won't.

Greetings

Mods - Feel free to relocate this thread to the proper forum if convenient. I tried to put this on modding section, but IDK where.