Sign in to follow this  
Egozi44

Need help with unit that don't auto attack and Unit that don't use animations

Hello there, it been a while since I posted anything here.

I took some long break from modding and now I start a little by to Live come back.

There been two issue I had for a while and I have no clue what cause them, I tried to mess with everything I recall that can cause them (as I didn't touch coding, PS, MAX, and anything else for more than half year)

My first issue is with the Predator missile pod (which I got from Stygs back at the day), Stygs code didn't worked in KW so I had to change it a bit, I thought it work alright but didn't noticed that the missile pod don't automatically fire on enemies Unless YOU order it to, I had similar issue before with some units and was able to fix it by  mess with the weapon settings, change the WeaponSlotTurret to WeaponSlotHardpoint or the opposite, make sure it have the right StancesBehavior,  that it have the right TargetingCompareList, or use AutoAcquireEnemiesWhenIdle (and other things which I forgot)

I tried to change the weapon itself few times and didn't help so I don't think it have anything to do with the weapon xml, it may be something with the weapon order..

Here the xml (Wait what... the site don't support xmls format anymore? o_o)

ZOCOMPredator.rar

It have some leftovers of the railgun but they shouldn't pose issue afaik

Now my second issue have another thing to do with unit Stygs gave me xD

Some edited model of the Mutant murder that hold some gun from  C&C4

The model seem to work pretty well and seem to be able to use all the normal mutant animations and Skelton (tested on W3XView)

BUT in-game it seem that some of them don't work for unknown reason, despite I used the exact same xml the normal mutant used and just edit it a bit...

The main animation that don't work for me is the animation where it shoot air targets, upon looking on the xml it don't seem like something is missing... I thought that it may also be the weapon so I included it xml as well just in case, here

Mutant.rar

I will appreciate any help

(P.S go easy on me... I didn't touch many things that relate to moding for some time so I rusty as paradise)

Edited by Egozi44

Welcome back, Egozi. The transition to the new forum software has undergone many new and modified changes which is why you cannot upload specific files such as xml.

As for that Predator with missile pods, I did not know about that issue. Have you tried the missile pods as a secondary weapon, just like the coding from the Mammoth Tank?

Edited by PurpleGaga27
  • Upvote 1

I asume the Predator doenst work because you set up the missile as a second turret with a turn rate of 0 - which means the missile can only used if the target is right in front of the tank.

The second problem is caused by the lack of a AimWeapon module - that is used to define how far above the ground target need to be before it uses the 'shooting upwards' fire animation.

PS: Good to see you are back :)

Edited by Stygs
  • Upvote 1

Welcome back, Egozi. The transition to the new forum software has undergone many new and modified changes which is why you cannot upload specific files such as xml.

As for that Predator with missile pods, I did not know about that issue. Have you tried the missile pods as a secondary weapon, just like the coding from the Mammoth Tank?

I see, funny thing is that I can still post the old xmls files I previously uploaded from the history xD

And yea, missiles are secondary weapon.

I asume the Predator doenst work because you set up the missile as a second turret with a turn rate of 0 - which means the missile can only used if the target is right in front of the tank.

The second problem is caused by the lack of a AimWeapon module - that is used to define how far above the ground target need to be before it uses the 'shooting upwards' fire animation.

Many thanks friend, these two little codes were the only things I missed! :D

Now they all seem to work properly.

And

PS: Good to see you are back :)

Thank, it good to be back~ ;)