Sign in to follow this  
Egozi44

No Tiberium in world conquest mod...

So only recently someone noted me that when he use my mod there's no Tibirium effect on the map of the world conquest mod, at first I thought he meant that there's no tibirium crystals when you do the match in real time (which wasn't the case), Eventually I realizes he meant to the entire WC map, it seem to be only effect as I still get money but I have no idea what cause it to begin with since I didn't messed with the WC's money, I did mess with Tibirium crystal weapon and change the logo UI and online UI but that was it, Aside from These options I don't see any other thing I done that could lead to such  tragedy  thing.

I checked on other mods that modify the WC and didn't saw that bug over there. does anyone have any idea what could cause it?

here the images to give you some idea on what I'm talking about 

2nsz3x1.jpg

2zf6auq.jpg

Edited by Egozi44

Ok so I found that the tibs effect is just decal that placed in the meta files under :TibDecal0 (number)

Now I just need to know why it stop work, maybe it relate to decal features?  o_o

Delete some of your new add on shader .fxo, and it will work.

Some shaders may influence the decal displaying.

Thanks for finding out, that a bit of a issue as I don't even remember what shaders I need and I assume I didn't add them all for show....

so I found out it was the decal fxo that was causing the issue, I also highly suspect that one of the many shaders i uses is also responsible for the famous crash I get when I try to load saves file that was saved in the mod,  Can someone help me out pin point shaders that are known to be buggy? I sure that at least raven, stygs, and megumi can detect one from their modding experince.

Here the shaders I uses:

fghgf

you can exclude the decal and cnc4 burrowing shader which I deleted  (it forgot the c&c4 one there after I finished messing with it)

I don't even recall why I added most of these shadders, I know I highly needed the TW and KW shaders, and that I added few that were required for the wall mod, and also one or two from max cause I needed glass effect for the cinematic orca and few imported c&c4 objects, but I don't recall I added or used the rest of them o.o

Edited by Egozi44

Why do you even add the KW shader? You have a KW mod, these shader are there by default >_>

Got the same load savegame bug in TWA and doubt it has anything to do with shader effects.

Don't remember myself, I may just renamed them or took some upgraded version of them (if there is one) from the net.

I recall  I saw the issue on other mods (include TW's mods) but they didn't get it in the same frequency as mine (when you save after you train or just saw moded unit/structure (especially if it use new models) the game will 100% crash when you will load that save file, however if you just save at the start of the game before you train anything it will load successfully...

Edit, I sort of recalled why I added the KW's shaders, when I imported few units (especially GDI's from either TW or TT) they all looked different with each shader so I tested them out.

Edited by Egozi44