Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

W3D Hub Featured on Kotaku UK

IIDGeZI.png

Some great promotion for the team at W3D Hub. They have been featured in a large article on Kotaku UK. Despite a few inaccuracies that are mentioned in the article, it's great to the Command & Conquer name on a major gaming publication. The article talks about the history of C&C Renegade and W3D Hub's current projects. Here's a sample.

For a small community of devoted modders, Renegade lives on as the subject of enormous curiosity and experimentation. Since the game’s release, the modding team at W3D Hub has been testing the possibilities of its robust W3D Engine, using it to recreate beloved C&C titles like Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, and (in-progress) Red Alert 2 in first-person form. The attention to detail is incredible, with all the units, iconic soundtracks, and even Tanya’s famous catchphrases making it into these painstakingly-crafted standalone mods.

One member of this community, Ben Leech (currently a QA Technician at Creative Assembly), has been active since the early days of Renegade modding and, as we pass the game’s 15th birthday, he’s still as committed as ever. As with many, his fondness for Renegade stems from a love of the main C&C series. “The franchise has been dormant for a few years now, but in its glory days it really captured my imagination,” says Leech. “Good and evil were never pitched clearly and I loved how, unlike Starcraft, I didn’t have to think about my build order, but just say ‘I’ll go with this tactic now’ and have some fun with it.”

You can read the full article on Kotaku UK for more. Also check out the post on the W3D Hub forums.

Any news is good news...

They're finally getting some attention they deserve... and truly need right now.