Sign in to follow this  

So I've been trying to plan Red Alert with Ares, and I tried to use Launch Base to Use it because manually installing it, is a bitch and a half. But Once I Install it and Try to run it with un-modded, Yuri's Revenge it says ,"One or more game executable's has been altered by a third party" once I click okay, I get an origin error stating ,"Invalid or missing .par file. Please Reinstall your game." 

I have done so a few times, repaired it a few times too, tried run as admistrator etc. I can play Red Alert 2 and expansion fine using origin or the shortcut, but not using the Launch Base.

I'm using windows 7, and have the 1Sp files installed so I'm not sure whats wrong with it.

17 minutes ago, Speeder said:

Don't use Launch Base.

Is it broke or something?? I mean They're no real video Tutorial on how to get ares to work through manual installation, and Launch Base seemed so much easier.

The standalone Ares ZIP literally has a readme file that tells you how to install it.

LaunchBase isn't going to get new updates and is sorely outdated. It doesn't even really work with Origin installs from what I remember and the Ares version it uses is really old. Easier to just use Ares manually. All you need are the files and a batch script to launch with Syringe.