Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Plokite_Wolf

Throwback Thursday
Throwback Thursday for 18th May

1 post in this topic

I0w8LiW.jpg

In this week's Throwback Thursday feature, we remember GDI's first Tiberium-resistant infantry unit (which somehow needed about 50 years to appear), the Zone Troopers from C&C 3: Tiberium Wars. Outfitted with heavily armoured suits, Zone Troopers could cross even the most hostile terrain, and used in-built jet packs to reach barely accessible areas. They could be upgraded with Power Packs, which increased their total health and enabled self-healing, and Scanner Packs, which increased their sight range and gave them the ability to detect stealthed units. In Kane's Wrath, they turned out to be particularly useful when garrisoned in Hammerheads, giving birth to the multiplayer favourite "Zonehead". Along with the GDI commando, Zone Troopers were prominently featured in promotional artwork for the game, albeit in their earlier design which had their heads exposed.

Remember, you can click on the preview to see a larger and more detailed image. Don't forget to check out the Throwback Thursdays archives if you've missed a week. Check back again next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We also encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #ThrowbackThursday, #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By xQd
      Is it possible to edit or add new strike forces to the game that the AI will use? I'd like to see the AI attack you with 25 flame tanks or 10 devastator warships strke forces so that it becomes a real challenge for the player.
      I have never modded this game before but I can certaintly give it a shot if someone can point me to the files I need to edit.
    • By Plokite_Wolf

In this week's Throwback Thursday feature, we look back at one of the Transformers-inspired units from Red Alert 3 - the Mecha/Jet Tengu. In its default state, the Mecha Tengu is a hovering pilot-assisted robot primarily used as an anti-infantry assault unit which can easily be massed. When the skies are not clear, it can turn into a Jet Tengu, a fast anti-aircraft fighter, in a speedy and spectacular transformation sequence. Unlike its Allied and Soviet counterparts, the Jet Tengu does not need to return to an airfield to reload, though it is not as effective as the other two.

Remember, you can click on the preview to see a larger and more detailed image. Don't forget to check out the Throwback Thursdays archives if you've missed a week. Check back again next Thursday for another Throwback. Send in your ideas for future instalments. We also encourage you to share this on social media using the hash tags #ThrowbackThursday, #CnCTBT and #CNCNZTBT.
    • By Sonic
      Back in February, GVMERS posted a video that looked at what happened to the cancelled Tiberium FPS. Today, they have new Command & Conquer video that dives into the entire franchise. The Command & Conquer franchise helped shape the identity of RTS games during the 1990's and would influence the designs of countless similar strategy titles in later years. Even though the franchise ended with a whimper instead of a bang, it managed to create an indelible impact on the history of videogames. Join the team from GVMERS as they take a look at the rise and fall of Command & Conquer.
    • By n97kurmi
      Ok so after having problems with the steam version of C&C3 and Kane's wrath i decided to buy the Ultimate collector's edition of Command and conquer games. I installed all of the games and then downloaded the launcher mod and Tiberium essence for C&C3 and gave it a spin. It works well on Ultra settings and at Full FPS. But then comes Kane's wrath. I start playing the first mission at same Settings as C&C3. The Game is slow it moves at a snail pace. I tried one of the skirmish maps and it was also painfully slow. What is going on?
      My computer can run Red alert 3 and C&C3 on full settings at full speed.
      It can run Battlefield 1 at a Medium settings on playable speed.
      And I can play Company of Heroes 2 at full settings at playable speed.
      I even went for game debates page to test my computer on how would it play.
      Unsuprisingly my computer should be able to run the game without any problems.
      Can some one help?
      PC specs:
      Intel Core I5-4210H 2.90GHz
      Windows 10 64bit
      Nvidia Geforce GTX 860m
      8GB RAM
      DirectX 12
      Kane's wrath 1.02

• By Sonic
      The Tiberium Wars 10th Anniversary 1vs1 $650 Tournament gets started in about an hour from the time of this news update. You can watch the live stream in the video above or catch it later at more suitable time.