Sign in to follow this  
PurpleGaga27

Unplayable games -- then and now

I remember this article: http://whatculture.com/gaming/10-unplayable-video-games-that-were-released-despite-being-broken

But there are still some games that are almost unplayable today especially from my experience. Most recently.... the disappointing The Crew (it may have two expansion DLCs but it's strange why there will be a sequel to that coming in 2018). Despite only playable for a 64-bit PC, no matter what workarounds I had to try to run the game and even disabling most of the stuff, the game cannot launch at its entirety. It didn't work for me in Win7 64-bit but I haven't tried Win10 64-bit. The always online option has hurt a lot of players since it's a MMO with some SP and patches are limited to fix the major issues and glitches within the game. The strong DRM was probably one of the reasons why the game cannot launch properly. One corrupted file or a unstable Internet connection = failure. Technically this never happened when I played C&C4, Diablo III, Starcraft II, UT4, Dota 2 and Team Fortress 2.

Other older games I found very disappointing causing them to almost not launch at all are SWAT 2 (retail CD and even the GOG version) and Andretti Racing. Both of them lacked patches to fix crashes and to make playability stable. Andretti Racing can never run on recent Windows OSs, except Windows 95/98 and its controls.... terrible.

I'll bet some of you may have painful experiences with unplayable games.

Edit: This post is not finished at the time since there's more I am trying to recall.

The only games I've had problems with on launch were Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty Ghosts. Otherwise, I try not to get games that don't ****ing work.

So far the only games that I has unplayability problem with are Simcity 4(it makes me quit Simcity)

On 27/05/2017 at 6:00 AM, Doctor Destiny said:

The only games I've had problems with on launch were Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty Ghosts. Otherwise, I try not to get games that don't ****ing work.

I had issues with Ghosts too. Despite exceeding the system requirements, the game's performance was appalling.

I have almost no tolerance for new games that don't run properly. It either works or I get my money back. Then again, I avoid buying new releases right after they came out anyway and prefer to wait until the game is actually finished/fixed.