Sign in to follow this  
Egozi44

Disintegrator inside buildings and Commando icon on mini map

Hello there, I have two questions this time:

1. I noticed that the Disintegrators won't shoot properly from within my moded units or from within some buildings (The fx/draws won't be showed properly)

sshot0013 1

sshot0015 1

However when I put them inside EA's units they seem to shoot fine

sshot0017 1

After taking peek on each unit xmls I didn't was able to determine what cause it or if there's some code line I miss.

Before sending any xmls I want to ask if anyone here is familiar with that thing and if it something that relate to the Disintegrators themselves (which didn't really were planned to be used in garrison situations) rather than the units?

2. I think I already asked it before few years ago but I don't remember if it true nor the answer so I will ask it again anyway.

Is it possible to change the Commando's dot on the mini map to a skull similar to RA3 mini map or it involving UI changes that we can't do atm?

Also while I at it, does anyone know if there's eve warring sounds against Epic units? I recall I heard "Enemy's MARV" Enemy's Redeemer" and "Enemy's Eradicator" in Bibber's simple mission, I don't recall if these warning were in the camping missions but there's chance it yet another unused thing that was left by our dear EA developers that didn't had enough time to finish up :P

Edited by Egozi44

You need bones from where stuff will shoot. Just look at the hierarchy of EA units.

I took a look at the sounds and it seems your kinda right - there are a couple of eva sounds, but they seem to be intended for the campaigns as there are no complete sets.

I.e. the GDI eva has "enemy redeemer detected" and "enemy eradicator detected", but no sounds for an enemy MARV. Scrin & Nod seem to have only basic sound for epic (for detected and destroyed), but they got some sounds for their epic warfactory ("redeemer engineering facility online").

Edited by Stygs

You need bones from where stuff will shoot. Just look at the hierarchy of EA units.

I added enough bones for two nod squads (which have 18 inf in total)  to shoot from, I told them in the xml to use the right bones too, only the Disni give me that issue so far

sshot0029.jpg

I took a look at the sounds and it seems your kinda right - there are a couple of eva sounds, but they seem to be intended for the campaigns as there are no complete sets.

I.e. the GDI eva has "enemy redeemer detected" and "enemy eradicator detected", but no sounds for an enemy MARV. Scrin & Nod seem to have only basic sound for epic (for detected and destroyed), but they got some sounds for their epic warfactory ("redeemer engineering facility online").

The detected and destroyed should be enough but too bad there's no GDI's wanrinig for it :/

Btw where you found them? in the global section? I didn't tried to look for them myself yet :P

Edited by Egozi44

Can someone also give me answer on number 2? just so I be sure if my suspicion was right :rolleyes: