Guest Rabbit

CNCNZ.com Will Prevail

Guest Rabbit

Sonic, the founder and lead webmaster of this site, has chosen to step down.  Rather than let the site disappear into the abyss, he has generously allowed me to maintain the website.  What does this mean?

I, Zee Hypnotist, have returned to CNCNZ.com.  Sort of.  I am here mostly in spirit and to ensure that CNCNZ stays alive in one way or another.  Plokite_Wolf and Nmenth will remain as the admins who actually keep the site running, while I support them in any way I can.

Rest assured, you do not need to worry about archiving everything just yet, we will ensure that CNCNZ remains online, though there may be a temporary period of disruption while we transfer everything to (yet another) server host.

And to Sonic, we, the community, thank you for your 19 years of keeping this site alive.  Should you ever wish to return, your legacy will always remain.

Long live CNCNZ!

5 minutes ago, Zee Hypnotist said:

Long live CNCNZ!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Zee Hypnotist said:

Long live CNCNZ!

Long live CNCNZ and the C&C communities all over!

• Upvote 2

If anything similar shows up in the future CnCNet and C&C Comm will be ready to assist!

• Upvote 1

No doubt same with W3D Hub which was also working in the background to help out in any way we collectively could from over there.
It's really nice to see everyone helping each other stay afloat!

Ohh, nice!

Thank you Sonic, for all that you've done.

I would also like to thank all the people who are ensuring CNCNZ's continued survival.

Good stuff, I'm very happy to hear this! Keep it up, CNCNZ! :D

Guest Stevie_K

Thank you for working out a solution.

Long live the community.

It was initially very sad to see CNCNZ closing down. I've been checking it on a daily basis for the last 13 years or so. CNCNZ is truly the last stand for C&C news in English, especially after CNCDen, PlanetCNC, and CNCHQ died many years ago. CNCNZ and Sonic in particular have been a great help to the modding community, especially our indie game, Renegade X. We truly could not have succeeded without you. It's sad to see Sonic leave, but it is good to see so many concerned community members come back and ensure that CNCNZ remains up. I hope Sonic comes back if EA decides to breathe some new life into the franchise.

The last I heard about the C&C franchise was at the beginning of 2016 - EA corporate was looking (but not too actively) for a studio that could take over the brand. I think C&C is on the backburner, EA may or may not bring it back. At the same time, there are so many amazing initiatives in our community, from RenX to W3D Hub to OpenRA and many others. Our game is still actively being played and worked on, and that will continue. We've got some huge plans for our 1.0 update, and I hope CNCNZ will be around for that.

I hope this is goodbye and not farewell, Sonic, do come back and visit.

I just realized I haven't logged in in 3+ years... is it me or is time moving a lot faster this decade somehow? It doesn't feel like too long ago that I went to install C&C3, more hyped than I'd been about anything else in quite a while, and that was around 10 years ago. I want to go back and do it all again; even with the other franchises I grew up with enduring now, having this one solely maintained by the fan base, even with new mod updates and content coming out somewhat regularly, still makes it seem like there's emptiness in my life.

2 hours ago, [NE]Fobby[GEN] said:

The last I heard about the C&C franchise was at the beginning of 2016 - EA corporate was looking (but not too actively) for a studio that could take over the brand.

Hm, I didn't hear anything about that, interesting. Hopefully everything is picked up and resumed, even if it's just one series, before those of us that grew up on the franchise die of old age (or anything else, really).

Edited by Fiesta

Why am I so surprised Zee Hypnotist came back out of retirement and decided to take over control of CNCNZ when Sonic decides to join Lion, JonWil, Deezire and the others in retirement? So what happens to zeehive.net now? Maybe it's about time CNCNZ needs more legos.

I doubt that Dr. Destiny, Luk3us, Gben, Saracen, BioBen have forseen this change. Now we may have four administrators and three moderators, excluding Sonic.

Well, it's been a honor, Sonic. You have been a great person hosting this site and content ever since the beginning. CNCNZ has been my favorite C&C site. But now the hedgehog deserves his retirement. ;) It's a goodbye, but not farewell.

Huge kudos to @Sonic and the team you've brought together here. CNCNZ  has been paramount to keeping the C&C community together and keeping the franchise alive. Thank you bringing us CNCNZ! So glad it's remaining open with @Zee Hypnotist, best of luck.

P.s Sonic, check your inbox, I'm going to send you some beer money.

Edited by neogrant

I signed in after years to just to say thank you to you Sonic. This site serves as a great memory to a good time in my life where I sank hours into C&C. I wish you all the best and may CNCNZ march on into the future.

Hopefully the sh*t heads at EA sell off the C&C IP to someone who can do something useful with this. I wish to god Nordic or Square Enix buy the rights for this franchise.

Edited by lkRaven

1 hour ago, lkRaven said:

Hopefully the sh*t heads at EA sell off the C&C IP to someone who can do something useful with this.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2015 at 8:54 PM, Nmenth said:

EA is not going to sell the franchise because they would price it on its potential value while buyers would pay for its current value. It would be stupid for EA to sell it for a tiny profit to a competitor who may resurrect C&C to its former glory and become a rival to EA and cut into their market.

I heard the news after leaving home to go on holiday, so I've been trying to keep up to date with what's been happening. I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Sonic for all of the awesome work that he's done to keep CNCNZ flying over the years. CNCNZ has been my source for news around the community for some years now and it's always had it's finger on the pulse of C&C. Good luck to Zee with taking this place on! Long live CNCNZ! :D

I also wanted to apologise for the lack of help that we (W3D Hub) were able to muster when we were asked to help out with fixing the frontpage a couple of months back. We dropped the ball there and should have responded to help. We're all on the same team after all.

Something that I wanted to raise, with this in mind, is that with  official C&C at an all time low we should try and bring our fractured community together a bit more. What I mean by that is pulling together an official (to us) C&C Community Discord & Steam Group (and any other services that we can think of) that is run by all of the major C&C communities (CNCNZ, PPM, CNC Saga, W3D Hub, CNC Net, C&C Online, C&C Reddit, Ren X etc.). This way we can meet and discuss all things C&C together as a whole community and keep in touch with what we're all up to, as well as provide fans with a single place to gather and discover all of the communities that are still supporting C&C.

What do you guys think?

• Upvote 2

Commencing  shock therapy on cncnz.

Long live C&ShockTherapy!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, One Winged Angel said:

What I mean by that is pulling together an official (to us) C&C Community Discord & Steam Group (and any other services that we can think of) that is run by all of the major C&C communities (CNCNZ, PPM, CNC Saga, W3D Hub, CNC Net, C&C Online, C&C Reddit, Ren X etc.).

I would strongly advise against merging Discords with CnCNet and C&C:Online. Considering their sizes, they require them separate from others. Also, from first-hand experience, you do not want some of the cretins who reside in the C&C:Online Discord.

I have nothing against using Discord or promoting a central Discord account for C&C sites. I've just never used it at all and right now I have a doctorate thesis to finish as soon as possible. So, I'd take some time to promote it at PPM.

I've noticed he's not trusting me as a previous Webmaster of the site... To be fair I don't blame him! 

I wouldn't even trust me! :P

Edited by Saracen