Guest Rabbit

CNCNZ.com Will Prevail

Thanks for keeping the lights on, Zee!! ^_^ This is why I gotta love the C&C community, they pretty much almost never say die.

I don't fan of discord as well~

18 hours ago, TaxOwlbear said:

CNCNZ lives in death!

• Upvote 1

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, Plokite_Wolf said:

I would strongly advise against merging Discords with CnCNet and C&C:Online. Considering their sizes, they require them separate from others. Also, from first-hand experience, you do not want some of the cretins who reside in the C&C:Online Discord.

Maybe I should reiterate. What I meant was an additional Discord for the C&C community. Individual communities would keep their discords and use the new one to promote their community and guide fans where they need to go. Think of it as a neutral bridge between all of the modding communities where we can all meet up and talk regularly about C&C community topics and combine our efforts when anyone is in need of help. Kind of like the old modding networks that you used to see around 10ish years ago, but brought forward to use more accessible infrastructure. The main reason that I want to push this is that I feel isolated in my own community and want to share stuff they we are making with the rest of the community on a regular basis.

At the end of the day, whether you like discord or not, it's one of the easiest ways to engage with a community of fans directly these days.

17 minutes ago, One Winged Angel said:

At the end of the day, whether you like discord or not, it's one of the easiest ways to engage with a community of fans directly these days.

Didn't say it isn't, in fact I'm admin in the C&C:Online Discord server.

However, this same website has the sadly ignored Community News subforum where people can promote their work already, and the forums themselves receive little activity nowadays. Also, I fear that if we move to Discord, what little remains of our chit-chat will vanish and move to a less future-proof service because some people will find Discord more "cunviniunt". Communities that are more active than ours surely benefit from Discord servers, but I can't anticipate the same for us.

6 hours ago, One Winged Angel said:

Maybe I should reiterate. What I meant was an additional Discord for the C&C community. Individual communities would keep their discords and use the new one to promote their community and guide fans where they need to go. Think of it as a neutral bridge between all of the modding communities where we can all meet up and talk regularly about C&C community topics and combine our efforts when anyone is in need of help. Kind of like the old modding networks that you used to see around 10ish years ago, but brought forward to use more accessible infrastructure. The main reason that I want to push this is that I feel isolated in my own community and want to share stuff they we are making with the rest of the community on a regular basis.

I actually like this idea and feel it's a step in the right direction to help bring the community back together as I feel it's beginning to fracture. Especially with the official site essentially being nothing more then a way to get to the Tiberian Alliances forums.

I know I can quickly make a Discord server and wouldn't mind setting it up myself. I don't have much experience with Discord moderation aside from my personal one I also use for Twitch but I don't (currently) imagine it being too difficult of a task (famous last words).

Edited by Troopzor

6 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

Didn't say it isn't, in fact I'm admin in the C&C:Online Discord server.

However, this same website has the sadly ignored Community News subforum where people can promote their work already, and the forums themselves receive little activity nowadays. Also, I fear that if we move to Discord, what little remains of our chit-chat will vanish and move to a less future-proof service because some people will find Discord more "cunviniunt". Communities that are more active than ours surely benefit from Discord servers, but I can't anticipate the same for us.

The point you quoted was more aimed at the people who were saying that they didn't really like Discord as a platform.

What I have observed is that as the online world has evolved, conventional forums are used for much more permanent discussion. Our W3D Hub General Discussion forum, for example, is mainly full of player feedback these days. This is great because we can go back and look at that whenever for reference. However if users are having a discussion about which C&C game is the best, most of the time it happens in some sort of chat app, like Discord, because the conversation being had is far less important and easier to discuss instantly. 

I'm not saying move CNCNZ to discord, because forums are still very useful for permanent discussion. I am saying, lets get the Command & Conquer community (as a whole) a Discord, so that all remaining C&C communities have a platform to enjoy and discuss C&C as well as collaborate and promote everyone's sites. Ultimately it should serve to bring us closer together, because EA is no longer a central point for C&C.

Thanks for running CNCNZ for all these years Sonic. And thanks Zee, + Plokite/Nmenth for keeping the place running. Cheers o/

Can't believe even Sonic has left - was about to pop in to say hi

Glad to see that the last remaining old CNC community giant is still alive

Thanks for everything Sonic and the new owners of CNCNZ!

Edited by Unidentifiedname