Guest Rabbit

Donate to CNCNZ.com

Guest Rabbit

Thankfully, CNCNZ.com is alive and well, and we can keep the site running, despite Sonic's departure. However, when the site was about to go offline a few days ago, many of our devoted followers offered their help.  As such, I'd like to mention that one way you can help is by donating to help cover our server costs.  Thankfully, the costs are fairly low, at about $210 per year.

Thankfully, these costs aren't too high, but I do have to pay them out of pocket, and if you want to help, that would be great.

If you'd like to donate, visit our donate page. Oh, and don't worry, this will be the only time I ask for money.  I'm mostly doing this because some of you offered.

Otherwise, you can support the site by joining us in our forums and helping to keep our community active. Thanks to everyone for their kind support, no matter how little.  Even stopping by for a post or two means a lot to us.

Just threw some money in the bucket. While I've never been very active on the forums, CNCNZ has always been my go-to c&c news site, and has always been extremely supportive of the c&c modding community. It's sad to see Sonic go, but I'm extremely happy the site isn't going anywhere. If you ever need any help in the future, feel free to contact me!

Guest Rabbit

With donations by Gben, Fraydo, Tchutch, Alexey, and Jeeprubi, the total amount of donations has hit $120.  This is enough to pay for server hosting for 1 full year!

Thanks to all of you guys for your help, you can rest easy knowing that you helped guarantee CNCNZ will last a great deal longer.

Your donations will keep the website alive while we continue to improve upon it. Behind the scenes, we are working on updating the main website in the coming months.  We're already working on adding more content to the pages on the main CNCNZ.com portion of the website, and we're looking into bringing more coverage to the modding and streaming communities that revolve around C&C.

Guest Rabbit

Thanks so much, your donation has been added directly to the account.

Just so everyone is aware, for the sake of transparency, I am listing all donations to the donations page.  I also provide proof of payment (towards the bottom of the page) to show that the donations are being funneled directly into the hosting account, which is provided by Dreamhost.  From there, we can pay for the server hosting, and in the next few days, we'll also be transferring the domain name to the dreamhost account so it will only cost $11 dollars a year instead of the current $40.

On 6/16/2017 at 10:42 AM, Zee Hypnotist said:

in the next few days, we'll also be transferring the domain name to the dreamhost account so it will only cost $11 dollars a year instead of the current $40.

I have suggested the domain transfer a while ago for the same reason and nobody cared, paying $40 for a regular .com domain at this day and age is just not right.

17 minutes ago, Nyerguds said:

This should keep you afloat for another year then.^_^

Huuwayyy, Nyerguds

HE LIVES!! :D

Guest Rabbit
1 hour ago, Nyerguds said:

Holy shit balls, you donated $200?  I don't even know how to properly thank you for such an extreme amount of generosity.

2 hours ago, Nyerguds said:

14 minutes ago, Zee Hypnotist said:

$200?

Whoa! I'm... just stumped.

47 minutes ago, Zee Hypnotist said:

Holy shit balls, you donated $200?  I don't even know how to properly thank you for such an extreme amount of generosity.

WHoooo $200 is a lotta moola lol ^_^

Thx Nyerguds, for your MOST GENEROUS contribution! ^_^

On 6/17/2017 at 4:53 PM, Plokite_Wolf said:

Whoa! I'm... just stumped.

You should see the money that gets thrown around on Twitch then. One of the streamers I follow has a regular donor who's quite happily thrown nearly $9,500 at this guy. In fact his top 4 people have all forked out at least $5,000 each in donations to keep him ticking over.

Firm handshakes to those who can do it. I just get my ass by on a monthly basis. I wouldn't mind being able to throw that kind of money about.

• Upvote 1

I never knew Nyerguds was that generous.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Saracen said:

You should see the money that gets thrown around on Twitch then. One of the streamers I follow has a regular donor who's quite happily thrown nearly $9,500 at this guy. In fact his top 4 people have all forked out at least $5,000 each in donations to keep him ticking over.

Firm handshakes to those who can do it. I just get my ass by on a monthly basis. I wouldn't mind being able to throw that kind of money about.

Yea, but getting that kind of value for a website that is limited to a specific niche like Command & Conquer games is much harder. Even in PPM, donations of $200 or higher only happens if there is a fan with a very good income who is passionate about the site. In PPM's case, only Lin Kuei Ominae, who happens to be a moderator, has donated more than that in a single donation, as far as I remember. I don't think that people who runs sites like CNCNZ and PPM can keep themselves only with donations and Google Adsense income. The best they can get is the site costs covered by fans. That's what I get for PPM. Occasionally, I need to throw some money to keep it running, but most of the server costs is paid by visitors who kindly donate to keep the site running.

Edited by Banshee

Just threw in a little bit of cash. CNCNZ occupies an important place in my browser's start page, so I'm more than happy to help out. :) 

Edited by One Winged Angel
  • Upvote 1

Guest Rabbit

Thank you, as before, applied it directly to the hosting.  Much appreciated, it's another few months that the site will keep running. :)

On 6/19/2017 at 9:55 PM, PurpleGaga27 said:

I never knew Nyerguds was that generous.

Yea, it's not like all rare versions of C&C1 I bought from the donation money I got for the 1.06 patch immediately got uploaded as ISOs for the community, and/or used to improve the patch.

Oh wait. They were :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Donated $20. Cheers! Thanks for stepping up and taking this on, Zee.

Edited by TheBlackOut

Guest Rabbit

Thanks man, really appreciate it.  Good to see you around.