Sign in to follow this  
Plok

Eastern Loong Released

oRF0EBE.png

Despite receiving an official mod SDK and fan-made tools that are compatible with it, Red Alert 3 got few mods when compared to its predecessors. However, one mod for Red Alert 3 took the spotlight recently - Eastern Loong. Its selling point is the addition of the fourth faction, China, with its own visual identity and techtree. It has its own way of building structures - having them drop from the sky, and the units are fully voiced, albeit in Chinese, since the development team is from China as well. There's even an article on Kotaku about the mod! Check out the mod's ModDB profile page and give it a run.

Who doesn't love a flying aircraft carrier, but because of the Star Blazers and Robotech, that will always be a Japanese unit to me.

I played it yesterday. It's pretty sweet, and the modders put quite some work into it. China has its own style, feel, and themes (e.g. antimatter tech and orbital drops). It feels overpowered, but that could just be an AI issue.

On 06/07/2017 at 9:54 AM, TaxOwlbear said:

I played it yesterday. It's pretty sweet, and the modders put quite some work into it. China has its own style, feel, and themes (e.g. antimatter tech and orbital drops). It feels overpowered, but that could just be an AI issue.

Thanks for your report!

I will check this out when I get some time.