Sign in to follow this  
Ryanjp89

Error parsing INI file

Whenever I try to save, and export a mod that is created in Tibed for Zero Hour, I always get the same error "Error parsing INI file 'Data\INI\SpecialPower.ini' (Line: 'SpecialPower AirF_SuperweaponCarpetBomb')" Even when I make a new tibed file, it seems to do this whenever I make a change to any special powers in Tibed. But when I don't edit anything in special powers, it doesn't give me the error.

I have no INI files in my data folder, and I don't even edit the AirF CarpetBomb super power. For some reason Tibed is not properly creating the specialpower.ini file.

What could be causing this, and how can I fix it so Tibed doesn't do this?

Tried running TibEd as adminstrator?

By the way, you should mod the game directly if you want tto do anything other than mere value changes, as TibEd isn't quite versatile.

Yeah I tried that unfortunately, it still gives me that error when I export a mod and try to run it in ZH. For some reason TibEd is not saving "SpecialPower.ini" correctly. 

I just use TibEd for quick editing pretty much, and the Mod Manager makes it easy to switch between mods. But i'll just edit the INIs manually in notepad.

Edited by Ryanjp89

I was wondering, does anyone else have this problem as well, or is it only me?

I'm on windows 8.1 and using TiBed 2.1b

I don't know what is causing this. The INI is identical to the original INI from the big file, so it's got me stumped. I'll just edit the ini in notepad, Tibed doesn't seem to want to save the files properly for some reason.