and cause error. 

how to solve problem? 

Saving Hierarchy Tree TEST. 
Node Count: 2 
Nodes: 
 ROOTTRANSFORM 
 TEAPOT01 

Processing Mesh: TEAPOT01 
ERROR! Could not run Shader Asset Builder - EXE missing or shader not in "Run/Shader" directory? (Looking for D:\ShaderAssetBuilder.exe) 

Untitled-2.png

Box.zip

Ignore that error, it has no relevance as you dont need to build any shaders on your own.

I think your error could be related to your pc settings, maybe language and decimal settings. The compiler expected a period and probably got a comma. Or such thing. The entire thing is build arround English-US settings and you probably compiled somethig in Max with a "foreign" symbol in it? I would check there.

I get a slightly different error when I try to export an animation using an exisiting skeleton. It says "MISSING BONE: roottransform" , eventhough the hierarchy I am exporting actually has the bone. Any thoughts?

If it's not there it will be created at (0,0,0)

@Chris

It may be because of my windows settings, but as far as I know the w3x exporter only works for bone names in upper case in a skelleton. So if your model has a bone "Rootfransform", the exporter looks for "ROOTRANSFORM" in the skelleton. If it is named anything else, the exporter will act as the bone doenst exist (however, only 3ds max is case sensitive, the games doenst seem to care)

I had random issues with the viewer before too, aside from knowing which files to open (so it wont miss any) I needed to make sure the files are either in desktop or English named folder as it indeed don't work well in non-English OSs, I also had to delete it's temp folder (which is on the windows temp folder) sometimes.

Edited by Egozi44