Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

GOTY Thread

So what do you all think the game of the year should be?

No doubt the vast majority of you all are going to say HL2... So yeah what you lot think? I liked San Andreas. Though its not that good. Maybe in the top 10 though...

There is no competition, its Half-Life 2 by a HUGE margin.

Personally I think it should be broken down by platform though, as follows....

Best PC Game of the Year: Half-Life 2

Best XBox Game of the Year: Halo 2

Best PS2 Game of the Year: San Andreas

Best GameCube Game of the Year: Who cares :lol:

Well yeah if you put it that it works out.

Half life 2 piff what is it with that game i just dont get it why dont we change the name of the site to HL2NZ ..

All i see in that game is these lil monsters runing around in some weird place i prefer to shoot humans ! :wink:

It's not about what you shoot...

It's about the game. the engine it so good compared to anything else, the work put into it is top notch.

Don't judge a game just from the engine. The storyline and gameplay are important too.

Half-Life 2 has good storyline and engine, but bad gameplay. I get bored at the middle of the missions, but the last missions are good. HalfLIfe2 is like playing cs but with different enemy, nearly all the sound effects are the same as cs. The gun sound effects didn't sounds real. FarCry has the best engine and sound effects by far.

There is no competition, its Half-Life 2 by a HUGE margin.

Personally I think it should be broken down by platform though, as follows....

Best PC Game of the Year: Half-Life 2

Best XBox Game of the Year: Halo 2

Best PS2 Game of the Year: San Andreas

Best GameCube Game of the Year: Who cares :lol:

Best GameCube Game of the Year: Metroid Prime 2 Echos!

Best console shooter this year.

Half-Life 2 has good storyline and engine, but bad gameplay. I get bored at the middle of the missions, but the last missions are good.

How could get bored through out the missions?, Ravenholm was awesome, driving around in the buggy in Highway 17, leading the Ant Lions on the beach assault, fighting the Striders.... so many memorable moments in Half-Life 2 and thats just few parts, I like every part of the whole game.

FarCry has the best engine and sound effects by far.

Have to disagree with you there, the Source engine is alot more robust the the CryTek engine.

Ravenholm is the best mission in HL 2, Highway 17 is just too long to be accomplished, and riding the boat thinggy is pretty fun but get boring at the middle of the stage. The last 2 missions are good, but they're too easy.

And the squad commanding is sucks. If just HL2 is combined with Freedom Fighter, it will be unmachtable.

for this year 2005 so far i'd say kotor 2 as it looks absoloutly brill

Half Life 2 by a long shot for PC.

For PS2 I'd say one the platformers, either R&C3 OR Jak3, the latter is my preference.

GameCube, hardly ever play it because it sucks, :P , and I don't have crane, meaning I don't own an XBox. :P