Sign in to follow this  
Banshee

TumSun interviews Eric Gooch!

Do you remember Seth, from C&C95? Who played Seth was Eric Gooch, an artist that worked in many C&C and other Westwood projects, specially Tiberian Sun and he was working in a 'tiberium future' project until EA destroys Westwood and scrap (or delay) the project.

Anyway, Finalmoon, from TiberiumSun.com has interviewed him here. Here's one the questions:

FinalMoon: You worked for Westwood a good 10 years, can you tell us anything we might not know about the decline of it, and do you know if there is still any hope for the continuation of the Tiberian series?

Eric Gooch: The decline of Westwood is a long, sad story that I will have to tell another time. It's too involved to answer in an interview like this. I will say that when EA pulled the plug on the game that would have been the sequel to Renegade, a lot of people were devastated. To me it was the first nail in the coffin. As for the continuation of TS, I wish I knew the answer to that. when the final days of Westwood were approaching, I was part of a team that was working on um, well, I can't go into a lot of detail here unfortunately, let's just say you would have liked it. The last I heard it was sort of on the back burner, and I don't know if EA has any plans on moving it to a front burner anytime soon.

Tiberian Sun Related Links:

- TiberiumSun.com (Gaming, resources, maps, mods and the best TS information online ever)

- Project Perfect Mod (Resources, a big modding community and mods under development)

- TS: Savage War (Resources and mods)

- Tiberian Sun Station (Mapping and modding including some campaigns under-development)

- Final Sun Forums (mapping community and map design tool)