Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Cell Phones.... Again

I think we had a topic like this a few months ago. Lets consider this an update.

I grew to hate the damn things, retired my really one 2 years ago and lots touch with all features they have now. Basically I did research, checked out all the new phones on the market and then caved in and purchased a new cell phone for the first time in 2 years. I really didn't want any of the camera features, that seems stupid to me so I got one that will suit my needs.

The Samsung X609

x6098az.jpg

It's a damn good phone for it's price, like most of them these days it browses the web. Hell it can it get the latest news off CNCNZ.com :D

It's small to, fits in the palm of my hand.

If you want the know the number I'll give to anyone wants it, probably only useful for those of you in New Zealand though. I guess overseas people can text message to NZ. Don't really know how they work internationally.

I wouldn't reccommed browsing the internet with a cell phone. Ususally, it is extremely slow and expensive. Not worth it to me.

Nice looking phone though.

Who honestly needs a phone that can browse the internet?

The next phone will have a pop out grill and ATM built into them :shock: :roll: :lol:

Are you on Telecom Sonic? Why would you do such a thing.... Telecom is the tool of the devil!!! :evil::evil::evil:

Hey Sonic, try texting me: 0273133820

:P

Haha, and yes, if you want, you can text me too, luk3us.

and as for the new phones? Hell, i'm waiting for them to have a definative book on pick-up lines and advice on how to date women.

Bloody school never taught us that. Neither did society :P

I've got the Samsung N391. Nice little phone. Can't get games and wallpapers from the WAP though. But I'm happy with what I've got. :D

Oh, and as for international texting? Dosen't work at all. But most phones can text to email addresses. That's what I do to buzz a few of my U.S. friends - they get a kick out of it. :lol:

You can get pick up lines on Vodafone.... Though I've never tried them...

I don't know why you'd want to be on Telecom... As I already said they are indeed the tool of the Devil... ;)

*shrugs* Because I can, I suppose.

And I wouldn't try them, they'd only appeal to the stupid...girls...of this planet. We need intelligence! Not mindless yammering about how so-and-so did something and cut her hair and ate a sandwhich.

..I think my search for intelligent lifeforms ended when I realised how stupid some people can be.

Anyway, what phone have -you- got luk3us?

I don't know why you'd want to be on Telecom... As I already said they are indeed the tool of the Devil... ;)

Must be a NZ thing :roll:

Anyway, what phone have -you- got luk3us?

Crappy Alcatel... Though it can take pix and stuff...

I don't know why you'd want to be on Telecom... As I already said they are indeed the tool of the Devil... Wink

Must be a NZ thing Rolling Eyes

Its true. Telecom are the devil with their stupid txt deals and stupid adverts... DEVIL!!! :evil::evil:

so, because they have ads, they're evil. odd logic there luk3us.

Ok... But their adds are stupid...

I dislike them because it costs me extra to ring anyone on their network. And durning the weekend it costs me money to txt them....

If they wipped that I'd be happy... ;)

But in the mean time... :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Also whats up with your sig?

Dude, have you seen that bloody vodafone ad that advertises free texting? Hell, Gary (from the telecom ad) is a stupid git, but then Vodafone had to create a cartoon that had nude old (and young) people playing vollyball with their privates blacked out.

Now, you tell me, which one is better? Nude Cartoons playing vollyball, or Gary?

I think the answer is clear here.

And I was with vodafone for awhile. I think I had the same alcatel your talking about, the 735 or 736 or something? Stupid phone. Get a better one! I don't really care to be honest as to whether telecom or vodafone is better. I just went with telecom cuz they have free texting. I hardly text much anyway, after my gf dumped me, who am I going to text? :lol:

Are you on Telecom Sonic? Why would you do such a thing.... Telecom is the tool of the devil!!! :evil::evil::evil:

Yes its Telecom, nothing wrong with that. All of my services go through Telecom, home phone, internet and mobile.

My number is 0272127919

Tree, browsing the net on the cell phone is cheaper than you think. Its not really slow either. Don't really care about features like that though, I was just playing around with it.

Who honestly needs a phone that can browse the internet?

The next phone will have a pop out grill and ATM built into them :shock: :roll: :lol:

Funny you should say that, Nextel has an attachment to a phone you can buy that allows you to pay someone via debt or credit card from a cell phone, you just swipe you card.

I have a Motorola V551. Didn't want to spend the money on a Razr. I accually use the pictures for buisness, I can take them and send them, which is nice, and the video function is somewhat quirky.

Also whats up with your sig?

Its French, German, Russian, Korean, Portugese, and English. If you are seeing squares or 'unrecognizable character' symbols, then your computer sucks. 10 points to anyone who can figure out what it says.

Also, the NeonCube Network (which is located on the same account as XeronHosting, CNC-Boards, Criminalz -X-, Land of Kenaz, Steam Cubed, and others) has been suspended. I do not know why, since the account is in Clive's name. And Clive is kind of hard to get ahold of. So there is a temporary NeonCube Hosting site. Once we are back online, NeonCube will go back to free hosting.

"*shrugs* Because I can, I suppose.

And I wouldn't try them, they'd only appeal to the stupid...girls...of this planet. We need intelligence! Not mindless yammering about how so-and-so did something and cut her hair and ate a sandwhich.

..I think my search for intelligent lifeforms ended when I realised how stupid some people can be. "

...well y'know, the stupid fashion craving female makes up the large majority of women on the planet. if you wanna get with them, you might wanna learn the "mindless yammering"... But then again, those girls are normally idiots, sluts or just plain outright bitches. the moral point here being: phone are evil. they eat your money up like there's no tomorrow so you can download a 95 x 95 gif of some girl doing it with a dog when you could get a full screen, hour long video on your normal computer for free? like someone said before, internet charges are rediculous and besides texting, phoning and games, there is not much point to them...

you might as well get one which has good rates on it's network and is reliable in nearly any situation (ie: phones with GPS, military use stuff) cos lets be honest, if all/most of your friends are online, who are you going to call? might as well just keep it in case of emergencies (and get a network that doesn't steal your credit nor give you a time limit in which to use it)

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, it's not... more an advice section which i got way too carried away with

Browsing the internet on a phone is not slow...at least not in the UK with GPRS anyway, but the limiting factor is the screen. If you have one of those super-posh ones with a big screen I suppose it'd be OK.

On Orange it costs 20p to txt New Zealand...and I don't think my free txt message extra is applicable.

Remind me not to take my phone with me to New Zealand, it'll cost me £1.30/minute to call!!!!

I don't know why you'd surf on your cellphone... Its just as easy to bust out ya laptop... ;)

Now, you tell me, which one is better? Nude Cartoons playing vollyball, or Gary?

That Gary guy just pisses me off.. Besides the cartoon add was just once and it was nice and short. That idiot Gary has a bunch of stupid "duh can I txt you?!" adds...

Also, the NeonCube Network (which is located on the same account as XeronHosting, CNC-Boards, Criminalz -X-, Land of Kenaz, Steam Cubed, and others) has been suspended.

Yeah I notice CNC-Boards was down... Ya know when it'll be back up?

Also you changed your sig.. I don't know what it says...

For tree's siggy,

i recognize the first 4 words. It means "The tree is the world category"

I take French in High School, and i know a bit of german, with some help from my dad who can speak it well, cause I was born in Germany. City of Stuttgart

Haha, I suppose both ads piss me off then luk3us. :P

Yah, I know what you mean Mina. Women...so difficult. I see why you don't want a gf now luk3us. :lol:

If Gary accosts me in the street I may just hook him. :twisted:

so she made her final decision of him over u?..... just dont get in trouble with the law

so she made her final decision of him over u?..... just dont get in trouble with the law

Man, I've already been through this with you. Gary's not the name of her new bf, it's some guy called Rob. I'm not even going to bother with getting even, they're both not worth the effort. And I'd rather not discuss it on the forums, unless people want me to recount the depressing story I'm trying so hard to forget.

Besides, we're talking about mobile phones, not my personal life here. I only bought up what I said about mindless yammering because that is all that I seem to hear spouting from idiotic mouths these days.

Oh,

Gary is the Telecom ad guy. Who I will promptly hook if he tries talking to me, just because luk3us can't :wink: