Sign in to follow this  

Shell Map Randomizer 1.2

The Shell Map Randomizer allows you to randomize those custom shell maps that you have for C&C Generals & Zero Hour. It can be hard to choose which shell map you want to use as you can only use one at a time, this program will select a random shell map for you.

The program acts as a shell map manager as well, allowing you to install and delete custom shell maps for both C&C Generals & Zero Hour. Besides that, the Shell Map Randomizer installer will create 2 shortcut links to randomize and launch the game. When the shortcut link is clicked, the shell map randomizer program will automatically randomize the shell map selection and immediately launch the game.

Notice:

The .NET Framework is required to run the Shell Map Randomizer.

You may download it from this URL:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a...06/dotnetfx.exe

If the link is broken, go to :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....evframework.asp

and download the .NET Redistributable file.

Program Download Link:

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl.aspx?/planeta.../smrsetup12.zip

For the screenshot just use the previous one here (as version 1.2 only adds a shortcut to directly randomize and launch generals or zero hour instead of going through the interface and actually clicking on the Launch button :

smr.jpg[/img]

Guest Guest

I installed both the SMR as well as the .NET Framework Redistributable Package v1.1 - but I still get an error whenever I try to start SMR.

It works if I use the "Randomize & Launch Generals" shortcut (as long as I don't install any shellmaps for the basic Generals so I get an error and can then access the Zero Hour section), but not if I use the default "Shell Map Randomizer" shortcut.

Then I get this error:

021103-SMR-error1.jpg

If I then press "Abbrechen" (the German equivalent of "Cancel"), I get the following error: 021103-SMR-error2.jpg

If possible, give me your icq/msn uin/id so i can check it out for you and try to debug it. Does it crash when the program is launched or after you click on the launch button? Also, include some simple instructions on how you can reproduce the crash (like what you have installed, Generals / Zero Hour or both, what shell maps you have installed (using SMR), etc)

Also, i have not tested the program on any other language other than English so that could also be the problem, but unless the location of the registry keys are different, this error should not have occured.

Guest Guest

Not gettin' any errors anymore, so I s'pose it works now - thanks!