Sign in to follow this  
sniperelite7

There was a CnC mmorg

I got this from CnC Den I thought it was pretty cool.

concyborg_s.jpg

The working title for the game was called Continum.

It was a project by Westwood that never got out of the planning stages.

The pic is now available here CNCNZ.com by the way.

Real or Fake? I'm not really sure. If this was the direction Westwood were planning on taking C&C I don't think I would have enjoyed it.

I guess it would have been like umm WOW or something?

Those pix look nice.. I wonder how it would have been? Hmm...

Guest Rabbit

They probably wouldn't do that... maybe EA would...

I was going to say fake (WW made more than just C&C games), but when you enlarge it you can read "Cabal Cyborg" on the top-left image. So it's definetely related to C&C.

But it could just be concept art from Firestorm?

Ahh C&C: Continuum.. It's got a good ring to it dontcha think??

this was probably gonna be Tiberian Twilight and Continuum could of been the official name for it.... It's probably just more lost concept art for the game.. If it is then we are looking at the original Scrin Soldiers!!

I dunno why by the name does sound familiar from somewhere, I can't put my finger on it??

I remember this name popping up a few years as well. I know Westwood registered the domain names cccontinuum.com and cccontinuum.net years ago, both of them just point to http://www.eagames.com/official/cc/franchise/us/home.jsp.

Registrant:

ELECTRONIC ARTS

209 Redwood Shores Parkway

REDWOOD CITY, CA 94065

US

Domain Name: CCCONTINUUM.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :

ELECTRONIC ARTS

[email protected]

REDWOOD CITY, CA 94065

US

Phone: +1.6506281500

Fax: +1.6506281331

Record expires on 07-Apr-2006

Record created on 07-Apr-2000

Database last updated on 23-Jun-2005

A list of the domains owned by Westwood/EA can be seen on CNC World at http://www.cncworld.org/?page=westwood/domains

Lion said he got it from a website avalible to millions of users.......But he said he won't post the url or name....WHY? :cry:

Here's an interesting but inconclusive reinforcement of that continuum game

Look where this goes...

www.cccontinuum.com

Lion said he got it from a website avalible to millions of users.......But he said he won't post the url or name....WHY? :cry:

Cos most of the C&C Community will flood there to have a nose around, and the site will experience high bandwidth levels, possibly closing the site down... It happened that time we announced about previous concept art for C&C 3.. the C&C Community killed the site where it was hosted, and it was taken offline..

It's pretty early concept art, hard to judge what it's all about - it might just be a proposal and so may not have much baring on the game.

Dude on the lower right looks kinda like Predator. Female look kinda like a girl Predator....

Scrin I say. :alien::alien::alien:

Both Delphi-PG (Chris Rubyor) and Ishmael-PG (Adam Isgreen) who are now both at Petroglyph have commented on this picture in CNC Den's news comments.

posted by Delphi-PG @ 18 Aug 2005 08:10 pm

Excellent! I forgot all about those. biggrin

I'm sure Adam Isgreen would get a kick out of seeing his old design work.

Delphi

Game Designer

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/

posted by Ishmael-PG @ 18 Aug 2005 08:20 pm

LOL. Wow, some serious flashbacks.

Yep, they're real. And yes, they were for Continuum. Man, do I wish that had kept going...

That's the concept for the new Cyborg Commando, the Reaper, and the Torch. A very cool artist (who also built the stargate set for the movie stargate!) did those.

Ishmael (Adam I)

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/

Guest Rabbit
I remember this name popping up a few years as well. I know Westwood registered the domain names cccontinuum.com and cccontinuum.net years ago, both of them just point to http://www.eagames.com/official/cc/franchise/us/home.jsp.

Registrant:

ELECTRONIC ARTS

REDWOOD CITY, CA 94065

US

Domain Name: CCCONTINUUM.COM

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :

ELECTRONIC ARTS

[email protected]

REDWOOD CITY, CA 94065

US

Phone: +1.6506281500

Fax: +1.6506281331

Record expires on 07-Apr-2006

Record created on 07-Apr-2000

Database last updated on 23-Jun-2005

A list of the domains owned by Westwood/EA can be seen on CNC World at http://www.cncworld.org/?page=westwood/domains

I swear, that is just down the street from where my mom works... and there is a SONY building nearby!

Guest Rabbit

Of course, I'm not posting my adress or hers, but Jeez, I live in san mateo, which is in the same county as that place, and a bordering city!

...now you all know where I live...

So... sonic, or CnC king... want me to get any information from that building? I can just drive there easily...

Redwood isn't the place to look into this one. EALA would probably be the place to go. Redwood is mostly EA worldwide HQ. and it does a little bit of development...

They will not say anything at EALA anyway... any discussions about future C&C's or their concepts, even the original ones are forbidden to be told by staff unless cleared by both Louis Castle and Neil Young.

Maybe.. But the words Cabal cyborg and Connintuaim are in there and they don't appear doctored or anything..

Besides there won't be any real point in faking a concept for a game that was hardly even known to exist...

Perhaps if certain peoples told us the site we could all have a little visit... ;)

Never trust a source without a name....

iron clad rule... for good reason.

The real world goes like this "False until proven true".

That is why the source website should be released....

Bah.. I'll find it myself instead.... :twisted:

Guest MadBadger

Cos most of the C&C Community will flood there to have a nose around, and the site will experience high bandwidth levels, possibly closing the site down... It happened that time we announced about previous concept art for C&C 3.. the C&C Community killed the site where it was hosted, and it was taken offline..

hehehehe i remember i went on the CNC3 site and about an hour later it wouldnt work :lol:

They look like Scrin type... they look simmilar to the inside of the scrin ship.

Scrin in a Scrin ship?!?!?!?! OMFG What is this world coming to?!?!?!?!?!

Sorry, im in a sarcasic mood