Sonic

Desktop / Avatar / Sig Showing Off Thread

TESLA CMDR

THE HYPNOTIST

If he is a Tesla Commander, maybe his name would have been else called as Tesla Hypnotist. ^_^

CMDR

That would make sense, but I don't see how that first letter can be a C. I enlarged the picture to examine it very closely, and am rather certain it is a Z.

photo-2281.jpgLwOhvDS.png

The exhaust pipe on the Tesla trooper suit obviously confuses you.

Upon reexamination, I think you're right. It's not really a matter of confusion though, it's a matter of how the red bleeds into its surroundings.

I can't believe I didn't notice until just now that the trooper has been horizontally inverted though... :facepalm:

This is totally gonna end with Plokite remaking Zee's avatar, isn't it? :P

• Upvote 1

Dammit, you know me too well! :flame:

This is totally gonna end with Plokite remaking Zee's avatar, isn't it? :P

Hell, let's make a contest out of this... ^_^

Hell, let's make a contest out of this... ^_^

First.

Pja6Nhz.png

The fonts were a pain. Even the ones I used were not enough, had to make a few stretches, flips and manual touches.

Guest Rabbit

I think back in the day when there were custom ranks, "Tesla Commander" was my custom rank.

"Back in the day"? All staff and members with a post count above 500 have that :P

EDIT: Guess they were made differently then, nvm. [/age]

Unfortunately, your A looks almost identical to the R, it needs a sloped top. The letters are also too bold in my opinion, they lack the detail of narrower lines. Finally, the darker contrast causes the fact that the image is inverted to be even more obvious by making the backwards hammer and sickle stand out more.

If I wasn't convinced Zee Hypnotist isn't going to use any remakes out of sheer stubbornness, I'd take a crack at it myself.

Guest Rabbit

Yeah, I honestly think it's the kind of thing that I've kept the same for so long, I really don't see the real need to change it, if the end result is just making it look a little more streamlined.

I've always found it mildly annoying having to get used to a new avatar image every time someone changes theirs, which is part of the reason I've never changed mine. Hell, even Luk3us changed his, but only to make it slightly more simple.

61TQM6r.gif

This is the old version.

He changed his a couple times, but not for very long before going back to his classic design again.

If I remember correctly, my very first avatar on this site was the UFO scene from The X-Files opening shooting a purple laser and melting the guy pointing at it into green goo.

After that, I pretty much stuck with mushroom clouds with only one exception as far as I can recall when I had a BLU-82 Daisy Cutter detonation. Unfortunately, the Plumbbob Fizeau test was so perfect of an avatar that no others could compare and I lost interest in featuring more mushroom clouds after that one. So instead, I drew my current avatar as a final replacement which I will not change within the foreseeable future.

Guest Rabbit

nCjpUKY.jpg

Was this the first one?

Yeah, that's it. I've tried digging it back out of the past before, but never succeeded, how did you manage it?

That doesn't appear to have been from the actual show though. Now that I see it again, I seem to remember having pasted the UFO onto the scenery and then adding the other effects.

One of these days I'll change my avatar... I need to change my signature though, this thing is sooo old. :o

Guest Rabbit

Yeah, that's it. I've tried digging it back out of the past before, but never succeeded, how did you manage it?

I did a wayback search of your profile based on the older format of the site, courtesy of Luk3us, who posted similar links in the past on this specific thread.

http://web.archive.org/web/20071215124828/http://forums.cncnz.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3542

I found this ol' thing, too: pcg6oel.gif

One of these days I'll change my avatar... I need to change my signature though, this thing is sooo old.

You used to change that pretty frequently between different women. :P

Looked through the archive myself a bit now.. Bummer. It seems like most of my old avatar images are now broken because the links have changed or the service I hosted them through is gone... And I've forgotten what I used to have years back :( Would be cool to be able to know wtf I had back then.

Found the cool title bar though, so new signature :) Current desktop:

dFT0rSB.jpg

Edited by TheBlackOut

New OS (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS - not so new, but i feel comfortable with LTS editions).

I have decided to move to Ubuntu after some issues with Windows 8.1. First of all, i couldn't update my Windows 8 properly. I had to format whole disk for upgrade. Secondly, my DVD-ROM was crashing randomly (sometimes it was loading DVD's, sometimes wasn't). Lastly, some older games had issues to work on with Windows 8.1. There were some "patches" and solutions on Web, but none of them have resolved the problems. So i made a decicion and moved to Linux. I have checked many distros like Mint, Mageia, OpenSUSE, but the easiest one for me was Ubuntu.

Zrzut_ekranu_z_2013_12_03_12_18_41.jpg

It's with GNOME 3 GUI, conky (that info panel on right).

Edited by Traymen

take this pill, and see a doctor if pain persists.

desktop-20140502-rarity.png

Why do you have 3 browsers?

Qw7S4oa.jpg

Edited by Traymen