Sign in to follow this  
Acerz492

The Mark Skaggs Conspiracy

Since I talked to you about this conspiracy. Skaggs formed Trilogy Studios with a couple of other guys. :wink:

Bubble kinda burst, but I thought you were not pursuing this article. :wink:

BAH! No-one told me. :evil:

I never said I wasn't persueing it, I was saving it for the new year to do it. :P

And at least I got it done in the end. :P

Meh, aw well...

Guest Rabbit

I like it. I like it a lot.

Acerz - I don't normally think I need to write a rebuttal article, but this really deserves the alternative perspective from those of us with a little inside information. This 'conspiracy' will be crackedm, and the King will get his copy of my podcast.

This 'conspiracy' will be crackedm, and the King will get his copy of my podcast.

Which seems a conspiracy in itself! - jus kidding :wink:

In terms of the article Acerz I've had a good look around the community and there are certainly some very mixed emotions about this. Some people agree with it, and others seem truly pissed off about it.

That's what I love to see, controversy. Nothing is as good, and I love the smell of it. :D

I don't suppose you have some evidence to back up your claims then? :?

Go to CnC Den and look in the comments section of the news item on this article... Quite a mixed opinion. CnC Series said to take it with a pinch of salt and not believe everything you read. There are a few others, but I cannot be bothered to type them :wink:

Yeah this article has stirred up a bit of hornets nest at CNC Den. Thank god for my little article disclaimer at bottom of every article posted on the site :pray:

Hum... dont know, this article looks to be just the same than the others I found in the article's section, all say the same, that EA is bulls**t, that westwood was the supreme one creators of marvels and that Generals sux as the heck, and all finish with a desperate message 90 per cent similar to the last transmission of an imperial guard's bunker surrounded by ten millions of tyranids...

O_O Holy bejesus.

Oh wow, I get called a n00b. >_>

At least I can laugh at the idiots who are argueing over whether some other idiot is in the military or not. :haha:

I can't see why some people can't just say, "Oh, it's his little opinion. Let's leave him be instead of people real assholes about it."

I've yet to recieve any flames from anyone. So I suppose these people who believe it's an outcry that I say such things are cowards for not saying them to me directly.

Alas, argueing a point on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics: Even if you win, you're still retarded. :roll:

Acerz - I don't normally think I need to write a rebuttal article, but this really deserves the alternative perspective from those of us with a little inside information. This 'conspiracy' will be crackedm, and the King will get his copy of my podcast.

I'm looking forward to hearing it. :wink: However let me clarify something: I wrote this for those amoung the community who believe that this (what I wrote about) is the case. Hell too be honest I couldn't care less as to whether this is the truth or not. I've just accepted the fact that Westwood is no more and moved on, and EA own the CnC franchise now.

Heh, King? You said it'd make a good article. It seems you were right. :D:haha:

I can't see why some people can't just say, "Oh, it's his little opinion. Let's leave him be instead of people real assholes about it.

Well this is the C&C Community, it's full of em!

Heh, King? You said it'd make a good article. It seems you were right. :D:haha:

I always know how to be controversial, certain opinions of mine hit those buttons... what can I say... Just a shame I didn't have the time to write it myself. You did well with it, and I love a good conspiracy :D

I always know how to be controversial, certain opinions of mine hit those buttons... what can I say... Just a shame I didn't have the time to write it myself. You did well with it, and I love a good conspiracy

:haha: Cheers buddy. Probably it would've been better you writing it, but hey, I'm allowed to stir some trouble at least once, right? :P

And yes, everybody loves a good conspiracy. :nod::D

This isn't a conspiracy, its a clever marketting strategy. read 'The Last Waltz of the Tyrants', theres a proper conspiracy.

I'm not really fan of this article, because I don't see any conspiracy. In fact, I'd like to point out somethings I disagree with this article:

Up until September, when the infamous Mark Skaggs/Red Alert 3 announcement was made.

The announcement was actually made in december 2004, one day after the release of Battle For Middle Earth 1.

Westwood Blood, no? He obviously wanted to tell us - the Community - That we'd be in for a real treat fairly soon.

I don't see Skaggs as Westwood blood, honestly. He was part of Westwood Pacific (and then, EA Pacific). He joined them in the times that EA already bought Westwood. Skaggs had a bad way to manage their employees, according to several acusations in the internet where his employees worked about 90 hours per week, which is clearly an abuse. And also, explains why Generals was infested of bugs when it released. I really don't like that guy and I'm glad he left EA.

He, like everybody else at Westwood Studios back in the days, wanted the fans to view for themselves, not to be left in the dark, and having to adjust to EALA's strict "Shut the hell up" policy would've been a massive blow to how he works. Which justifies his actions, without a doubt. Please don't think, "Oh, yet another wild conspiracy theory!" when I say this, but myself and a few other people of the CNCNZ Community have come to believe that Mark Skaggs was not frustrated. Oh no. We think he was absolutely furious.

Actually, I don't understand what were you talking about here. Skaggs furious with what? He left EA before they talk about scrapping RA3. Adam Isgreen and Delphi left EA in that time too. When Delphi left, he revealed that he was designing for RA3. I don't think Skaggs really thought at C&C anniversary, since EA started to supporting it or mentioning it after the guys here organize the whole event, and this was after june. Skaggs was out of EA on that moment.

I say, cut the bull****. He was fired because he wanted to keep the Community alive. It's pretty damn obvious that he was taken to court over the whole matter. Although, thanks to his efforts, Red Alert 3 is now probably shelved indefinably, we must admire him for the fact that he wanted to do something for us: the Community.

I really don't agree with you that he was fired because he wanted to keep the community alive. He was probably fired for incompetence or left on his own will. He claimed he left to spend a time with his family.

Which is why we should remember the actions of Mark Skaggs.

I repeat: We should be happy that he won't mess up with C&C games anymore. I believe Mike Verdu will do a much better job than him. Actually, I'm sure he will ;). But do not expect a miracle.

Banshee, you -did- read what I wrote earlier, right?

However let me clarify something: I wrote this for those amoung the community who believe that this (what I wrote about) is the case. Hell too be honest I couldn't care less as to whether this is the truth or not. I've just accepted the fact that Westwood is no more and moved on, and EA own the CnC franchise now.

Although thanks for your comments and corrections. :wink: